Thread: IBC fear

IBC fear

Hey folks,

After having counselling I have been health anxiety free for the best part of a year. BUT around 3 weeks ago i noticed a patch of reddish/purple (spidery veins) on my breast, not hot to touch at all but of course the anxiety reared its ugly head again, i went to the docs who couldnt really see it until i pointed the area out.

I have noticed the area in question changes colour when im hot, i.e. hot shower, goes purple when cool, barely visible when lying down.

(Bit of background) Im 29 the same age my mother was when she died, i had a baby 18 months ago, i lost my mother to a sudden accident when i was 5, so i have a deep fear of dying when my child is a toddler for obvious reasons.

Ive no pain or swollen lymph nodes, the patch in question hasn't changed in size either and if im honest im not really sure how long ive had it. But of course, the doctor said 'it could be something but looks like a slight bruise to me but come back in 6 weeks if it doesnt disappear' didnt really ease my worries..now, my son, is at an age where he loves using his mummy as a climbing frame, i have taken numerous elbows to the breast in question, to the point i was shouting in pain. I am also quite large breasted

My question is, any other ladies experienced a cool to touch, spidery vein patch on their breast?

I apologise for the long winded post, but there is only so many times I can pester my husband about it!

RachyPop

Re: IBC fear

I'm sorry about your traumatic experience. That would affect anyone :( To worry about one of the rarest forms of BC, as you know being you're posting here is just not realistic especially in light of non-existent symptoms. You're looking for reassurance but your doctor gave you the best reassurance you can get

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm sorry about your traumatic experience. That would affect anyone :( To worry about one of the rarest forms of BC, as you know being you're posting here is just not realistic especially in light of non-existent symptoms. You're looking for reassurance but your doctor gave you the best reassurance you can get

Positive thoughts
    Thank you, when i went to the counsellor he said the reason my anxiety is heightened more so now im a mother is because before, i was replaceable, as a wife (obviously not a daughter), but as a mother i can never be replaced. That really really hit home with me!

I feel saddened that this has reared its ugly head with me again, i just feel exhausted with it, i really do!

Rachypop19

Hiyer,

I think your counsellor is right about the causes of your anxiety, your past traumatic experiences and now being a 'non-replaceable' mother. I'm sure that is why you are suddenly very anxious about a rare form of IBC. You have literally no symptoms of IBC, none at all, and a doctor has looked at the area and not really see anything untoward except 'maybe a bruise'. You have a cause - a child's elbow to the chest (I remember it well...have you had a headbutt there yet?) and I think you really should feel entirely reassured. You can always return to the doctor if anything changes, or as they said, it doesn't disappear, but at this point in time (and I bet in the future) there is nothing to fear from the odd spidery piece of skin.

i went to the docs who couldnt really see it until i pointed the area out.
    This made me smile.....as it really isn't that obvious at all then...even to someone who is used to viewing the human body!

Do I have this? Yes I do, but mostly on one side. Infact, as I'm now 50 and my skin has thinned and I've lost ...er....'bulk' there, as ladies do....the spidery vein patches almost feel like they are no longer discreet patches and I am like a see-through tetra fish LOL SOme people are prone to spider veins anyway, I have them on ankles and legs, kinda genetic I think in my case ?! AS for the colour changes, sounds to me like normal blood-flow, if pink when hot, darker when cold and disappears when lying down, that would lead me to think you are seeing your veins, like on your fingers, change colour under different conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by RachyPop19 View Post
    Thank you, when i went to the counsellor he said the reason my anxiety is heightened more so now im a mother is because before, i was replaceable, as a wife (obviously not a daughter), but as a mother i can never be replaced. That really really hit home with me!

I feel saddened that this has reared its ugly head with me again, i just feel exhausted with it, i really do!

Rachypop19

I'm glad to see you're in therapy. I went privately for some depression after my illnesses. With some focus and effort you can learn to deal with and eradicate the negativity.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information