Thread: Visible blood in urine

Visible blood in urine

For a couple of days last week, my pee smelled a bit like popcorn but this has happened before so thought nothing of it. I’m not diabetic. Then last Tuesday I had a feeling I had cystitis coming, slight burning and wanting to pee a lot but not much comes out. Then on Saturday evening I had a lot of visible blood in my urine and toilet paper was red. I also passed a little clot once (not menstrual).

I went to urgent care with a sample and the nurse said straightaway she could see I had a uti. There were bits of white tissue in the sample too. She prescribed antibiotics and the bleeding stopped within hours of taking them. I’ve had no bleeding for two days but now it’s back this morning. I’m only three days into the seven day course.

I asked about bladder cancer and she laughed and said I’m far too young (45) but isn’t it bad that the bleeding stopped and has now returned?

Can anyone relate with similar symptoms?

Re: Visible blood in urine

Sounds like classic clear cut UTI! It takes a while for the inflamed tissue to settle down. The medics are not worried - I dare say they see this all the time!

Give the antibiotics time to work first then see how it goes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I agree, give the antibiotics a bit more time. If you still have the problem you may need another course or some stronger antibiotics - some UTIs are just stubborn and hard to get rid of.

Definitely a UTI though.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information