Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Severe anxiety over pancreatic cancer

Re: Severe anxiety over pancreatic cancer

Sorry you're still struggling with this I don't know what can be said that hasn't been said already. Perhaps reading the replies you've gotten so far will help?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Sorry you're still struggling with this I don't know what can be said that hasn't been said already. Perhaps reading the replies you've gotten so far will help?

Positive thoughts
    Thanks man. I'm trying to be positive and think about this rationally, but it's tough. It's just at the point where both my wits end and everyone else is exhausted in terms of what to say about this now.

I am still struggling with this as well back pain still there and still comes and goes ..how can this be anxiety when I don’t really feel anxious many trips to the dr ultrasound clear for the most part ... my relationship is failing apart and I can’t be good at my job I’m a teacher... all because of my worry yesterday I had bad chest pain wanted to go to the ER but the last three times I went I was dismissed with nothin but tellin me it’s gerd and anxiety and didn’t go I’m so scared of cancer it controls me smh some days are better some days are worst But I pray we will get through this sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredBBOY View Post
    I am still struggling with this as well back pain still there and still comes and goes ..how can this be anxiety when I don’t really feel anxious many trips to the dr ultrasound clear for the most part ... my relationship is failing apart and I can’t be good at my job I’m a teacher... all because of my worry yesterday I had bad chest pain wanted to go to the ER but the last three times I went I was dismissed with nothin but tellin me it’s gerd and anxiety and didn’t go I’m so scared of cancer it controls me smh some days are better some days are worst But I pray we will get through this sooner than later
    To me it sounds like you're pretty anxious, to be honest. And what do you mean that your ultrasound was clear "for the most part"?

I can relate to you though. Yeaterday was actually a good day for me, where I spent a lot of the day actually convinced I was fine...then this morning I woke up incredibly anxious and shaking, and have been feeling pretty down, back to thinking there's something wrong.

I have none of the hallmark symptoms, and my US was also clear, but sometimes I'll get a short lived dull pain in my abdomen and think "well,there it is. It's only a matter of time before it becomes constant and excruciating"

If the US test came back clear, why are you still worried? I thought ultrasound can actually see pancreas pretty clearly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    To me it sounds like you're pretty anxious, to be honest. And what do you mean that your ultrasound was clear "for the most part"?

I can relate to you though. Yeaterday was actually a good day for me, where I spent a lot of the day actually convinced I was fine...then this morning I woke up incredibly anxious and shaking, and have been feeling pretty down, back to thinking there's something wrong.

I have none of the hallmark symptoms, and my US was also clear, but sometimes I'll get a short lived dull pain in my abdomen and think "well,there it is. It's only a matter of time before it becomes constant and excruciating"
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woaidelrey View Post
    If the US test came back clear, why are you still worried? I thought ultrasound can actually see pancreas pretty clearly!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I think it does with most people (depending on bodyweight, if gas from the stomach is obstructing the pancreas, etc), but my friend Dr. Google has told me that it can miss small tumors less than 1-2cm. So obviously I just fixate on that. Even though if my US did actually miss a tumor, it would in all likelihood not be causing me any symptoms anyway... so whatever "symptoms" I do feel would not be from the missed "tumor". I even asked a doctor about the effectiveness of the US that scanned my abdomen, and she said it was one of the preferred methods of looking at the pancreas and that I should be very reassured that it was clean. Nope, I'll stick to my primary physician,Dr. Google.

But I'm a classic HA case, where I could get more sophisticated tests and still find a reason to doubt the results. I'm not even pushing for more, because I know there's a study out there that will just tell me that a CT, MRI, etc etc isnt 100% accurate either. Plus there's the likely unnecessary anxiety while I'm waiting for the results.

When I say for the most part the US said I had sludge in my gallbladder and questionable stones said all my other organs look normal including my pancreas ...
    I guess I’m always anxious but back in 2013 when I first had my panic attack I knew it was anxiety these other symptoms jus make me think otherwise ... today started off as a bad day but now I’m okay I hate taking meds my doc prescribed me some Xanax low doses I’m scared as hell to take them I actually had a normal panic attack today I recognized it as jus anxiety and it went away after a few minutes ..... also been lookin into fibro thinkin that maybe my problem because all of the pain all over but I’m not claiming no illness I think that’s a step in th right direction for me ... still burping a lot hoping this Prilosec can heal my GERD

I had my abdominal ultrasound around 3 weeks ago. All were clear.

With regards to pancreas, on the report it said "The imaged portion of the pancreas appears within normal limits, without masses or pancreatic ductal dilation, with portions of the pancreatic tail obscured by overlying bowel gas."

I was thinking to myself, i have already done what i could which was going to get an ultrasound. It is unlikely for people my age get pancreas CA anyways and I have done the tests. If really... ultrasound even missed something, then it was my fate. After thinking in that way, i felt instantly better because i felt that i have done everything i could at this point, combined with the low possiblity, i moved on pretty quickly.

I think it does with most people (depending on bodyweight, if gas from the stomach is obstructing the pancreas, etc), but my friend Dr. Google has told me that it can miss small tumors less than 1-2cm. So obviously I just fixate on that. Even though if my US did actually miss a tumor, it would in all likelihood not be causing me any symptoms anyway... so whatever "symptoms" I do feel would not be from the missed "tumor". I even asked a doctor about the effectiveness of the US that scanned my abdomen, and she said it was one of the preferred methods of looking at the pancreas and that I should be very reassured that it was clean. Nope, I'll stick to my primary physician,Dr. Google.

But I'm a classic HA case, where I could get more sophisticated tests and still find a reason to doubt the results. I'm not even pushing for more, because I know there's a study out there that will just tell me that a CT, MRI, etc etc isnt 100% accurate either. Plus there's the likely unnecessary anxiety while I'm waiting for the results.

Quote Originally Posted by woaidelrey View Post
    I had my abdominal ultrasound around 3 weeks ago. All were clear.

With regards to pancreas, on the report it said "The imaged portion of the pancreas appears within normal limits, without masses or pancreatic ductal dilation, with portions of the pancreatic tail obscured by overlying bowel gas."

I was thinking to myself, i have already done what i could which was going to get an ultrasound. It is unlikely for people my age get pancreas CA anyways and I have done the tests. If really... ultrasound even missed something, then it was my fate. After thinking in that way, i felt instantly better because i felt that i have done everything i could at this point, combined with the low possiblity, i moved on pretty quickly.
    I don't know what mine said about the pancreas specifically, the GP who relayed the info to me just told me that they were able to image the pancreas and it was the normal size and had no abnormalities etc.

The fact that I lack hallmark symptoms and the chances of me actually having it are so rare makes me feel better temporarily,but then I'll feel like a slight abdominal crampnor something and get taken right back to the anxious thoughts.

Hey everyone,

Been posting a lot lately about my fears of liver/pancreatic cancer, and my tests etc.

So, to keep the background short, I'm 32 yr old male, non-smoker, barely overweight, but eat very horribly. What set this whole panic off initially was receiving a call about slightly elevated ALT levels, which led me to believe my liver was full of tumors. Over the course of my obsessive googling, I came across a story of a guy who had pancreatic cancer, and his only symptoms were slightly elevated liver enzymes and severe fatigue. This cycle of pancreatic/liver cancer fear has been exhausting, and I just had a repeat blood test and an abdominal ultrasound to hopefully put my mind at ease.

Both came back clear, including the imaging of my liver and pancreas. This should be enough to calm normal people down.

However, I read that US is not the preferred method of viewing the pancreas, and that small tumors can go unnoticed because it's so deep in the abdomen. I've also also had lighter brown stools that are kind of fluffy looking and float (I've had this in the past I think) and have been passing,once a day at most, a oval shaped yellowish object that is white inside and has a soft texture when cut open (I take generic effexor XR every morning). I also noticed today that one of my bowel movements looked like it had a slight oily film to it or something (I'm in such a rabbit hole that I'm studying my stools intensely now). I don't know what else to do now that my abdominal US was clear, or what else I can do to calm down.

Has anyone else suffered this before? I'm terrified that the oily film/soft oval shaped object and lighter brown stools are due to lots of fat not being absorbed, meaning that my pancreas is shutting down and cancerous.

I know this might be far fetched given my age, but I'm panicking nonetheless
    I get this oily film thing!! I have to actually use a torch to see it but...:
    Totally made me panic, but I noticed my kids get it too, and they def don’t have pancreatic cancer.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information