Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
The doc basically said that what I described doesn't sound at all like cancer pain, as she said it would be in the same spot for prolonged periods of time, and getting progressively worse. She said either my bowels or my stress is causing this.

Not that I don't trust my doctor, but I'm worried I was being dismissed since she knows I have health anxiety. I guess I'm just wondering how a doc could know that abdominal pains aren't serious when no further testing was ordered.
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Your doctor is correct and she knows because she understand the above statement and has seen it.

Cancer is like a weed that has taken root. It continues to grow in that spot. If you had cancer pain due to cancer, it would continue and get worse. Even if it were to spread, the primary "weed" is still there and continues to grow.

Besides the fact that you're on an anxiety website and are describing IBS type symptoms, in the two months since this thread started, there would be no mistaking a serious issue.

I'm survivor, I know of what I speak. I hope you get the help you need to battle the real issue.

Positive thoughts