Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else in their first month of taking?

Anyone else in their first month of taking?

I'm on day 10 of 10mg for anxiety / depression. I have been on it before until about 18 months ago but it would be great to hear from other people who are also in the first month of taking it. I know it helped me last time but right now, in the horrible 'beginning' bit, it's hard to remember that.

Re: Anyone else in their first month of taking?

Hey Suzie,I was in the process of leaving it, I got to 5mg down from 30 a few years back, now I'm on ten and I believe I need to go back to 20. Been on it non stop for too long, 6 years, I've tried my best though, bad timing. So I kind of am starting again
    How are you getting on, I recall it took about 20 days for me to notice any change?
    Last edited by mark84; 10-11-18 at 17:56.

Hi there
    I remember you from my time on here some 2 years ago. I am still on the tablets and have no intention to come off them. Hang in there. You know from your past experiences that this will pass and it will get better. Why did You come off them?

Hi Andy! I wondered if anyone from the 'old days' was still around. Glad to hear you're doing OK! I just got to a point where I felt better & sort of forgot to take the tablets to be honest. I've been absolutely fine without them but went through a crappy situation in the summer which kicked off all my old feelings. So I'm back at square one now! Still in that horrible phase where I feel sick & anxious for most of the day & cannot imagine ever feeling better. I know I will and I know I felt like this last time for the first 6 weeks but god, it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Hi Andy! I wondered if anyone from the 'old days' was still around. Glad to hear you're doing OK! I just got to a point where I felt better & sort of forgot to take the tablets to be honest. I've been absolutely fine without them but went through a crappy situation in the summer which kicked off all my old feelings. So I'm back at square one now! Still in that horrible phase where I feel sick & anxious for most of the day & cannot imagine ever feeling better. I know I will and I know I felt like this last time for the first 6 weeks but god, it sucks!
    How are things going now almost a month later? I'm 1 month in after titrating off cita for a couple months. Just when I felt I was free of them I got hit with a bunch of stress. Decided to go back on them and this time the startup is BRUTAL. I keep finding myself in the "Worry Loop" about health concerns. I wonder if its because I had JUST stopped em then started back up? Anyway.. Love to hear from you.
    Rhett

Hey I'm in week 3 and feeling awful. Doctor upped me to 20mg and gave me a beta blocker to try and help but still getting into the worry loop big time. Had to get up and come into work this morning - all I want to do is sleep until I feel better. Beginning to wonder was it a mistake going on them at all.

Any advice or pep talk would be great?

Hi everyone,
    I'm on week 3 .... 1 week at 5mgs & 2 weeks at 10mgs......jeezo, it's hell.
    I've not posted in a while but been a member of NMP for many years.
    I was on Citalopram for over a year, was doing great so decided to taper off them in October, wasn't long at all before the Health Anxiety kicked back in....right now I feel like I'm in the pits of hell.....trying to keep a level head and praying the next few weeks go quickly.
    Hang in there everyone ….. I've been told before that the side effects are a good thing.....means the meds are doing something.

xxx

Hey ShellyTai,

I'm having an ok day after 2/3weeks of hell. I'm hoping this is the start of it working properly but am prepared for the possibility that I'll wake up tomorrow feeling entirely differently! A few days ago I literally posted a good day then a few hours later was in bits.

These meds do help - if only we could be put to sleep for the first 4 weeks!

For me my anxiety goes way up and the depression gets worse in those first few weeks. I'm hoping and praying that today is the day it starts being stable.

I said to my wife that its like swimming through the breakers to try and get to the calm water beyond.

I'm really hoping that you get through to the calm waters soon!

Quote Originally Posted by mcray1981 View Post
    Hey ShellyTai,

I'm having an ok day after 2/3weeks of hell. I'm hoping this is the start of it working properly but am prepared for the possibility that I'll wake up tomorrow feeling entirely differently! A few days ago I literally posted a good day then a few hours later was in bits.

These meds do help - if only we could be put to sleep for the first 4 weeks!

For me my anxiety goes way up and the depression gets worse in those first few weeks. I'm hoping and praying that today is the day it starts being stable.

I said to my wife that its like swimming through the breakers to try and get to the calm water beyond.

I'm really hoping that you get through to the calm waters soon!
    Hey there

Just wondering how you’re getting on these days? I was previously on Citalopram for about 6 years and it was great. Quit them for about two years and everything was great until about twin months ago. I was prescribed escitalopram this time around and tried 10mg for 39 days of hell before switching to Citalopram. It’s been two weeks on Citalopram but it’s far from smooth sailing.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm doing ok these days. Still a few ups and downs but nothing compared to pre citalopram or during weeks 3-7.

Weeks 3-7 were hellish for me - anxiety went sky high, constantly tense and panicky but it did pass and on the other side there were blue skies. I had a lot of people supporting me through those weeks and took some time off work as concentration was shot. I was also prescribed beta-blockers to deal with some of the physical symptoms i was having.

My best advice is possible is to keep talking to people if you can, keep assuring yourself that it will pass and tell yourself that the anxiety is just feelings and can't hurt you. There is also a very good Citalopram survival guide on this site.

I find when it starts to work for me I notice that the clouds lift in the evenings and then gradually hour by hour this gets earlier.

Good luck - its not easy but give it time.

Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information