Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is normal for having a bath or shower?

Re: What is normal for having a bath or shower?

Up until six weeks ago I'd say I have a shower every day , that was the point were the so called heating engineers ripped out our bathroom leaving us with a blocked up bath and no floor , four weeks with no shower was horrible , there was a time when my anxiety was at its peak that a shower felt like a million needles sticking into my body and mind but you have to stay clean a clean nutcase is much more approachable.
    Four weeks without a shower they then fitted the new one ( blissssss ) turning up one day a week they have bodged their way through refitting our bathroom , yesterday I sat talking to the decorator asking if he'd leave me some paint to finish off the bad bits ( he agreed it was a shite job ) so almost finished, partner almost happy they were going and today they turned up and because they'd been rumbled on bodging they ripped off the new tiles , ripped out the panelling and took off my lovely new shower , why ? Because the pipes were in the wrong place which I'd said all along .
    I do love my showers when I'm flagging with fatigue from worry it wakes me up for while
    It's not just about getting clean and I am a mucky pup , it's relaxing and invigorating ( sounds like shower gel ad ) .
    My old man like Magic was a baby boomer , he used to say he'd have a bath once a year on his birthday wether he needed it or not
    Rule of thumb is if you are always the last in the queue in the super market and no one stands behind you then you aren't standing close enough to the water often enough
    Ps I've bought a disability seat to sit it the shower now my daughters have left the nest so can stay in there and have a secret weep over where it all went wrong

Every day I have a shower, occasionally twice a day. In my teens I got depressed and would shower a bit less, sometimes go a few days, but thankfully that idea isn't one that stuck around. Saying that the water pressure in my area went off yesterday, Yorkshire water told me the pump had broken, three hours without a drop, sods law I found this out after exercising! Sat their feeling very manky for a bit, eventually I shaved and "washed"using half a breaker of water from my bed side table lol. Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    Every day I have a shower, occasionally twice a day. In my teens I got depressed and would shower a bit less, sometimes go a few days, but thankfully that idea isn't one that stuck around. Saying that the water pressure in my area went off yesterday, Yorkshire water told me the pump had broken, three hours without a drop, sods law I found this out after exercising! Sat their feeling very manky for a bit, eventually I shaved and "washed"using half a breaker of water from my bed side table lol. Classy.
    Knowing Yorkshire Water they probably use one of these...

---------- Post added at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Up until six weeks ago I'd say I have a shower every day , that was the point were the so called heating engineers ripped out our bathroom leaving us with a blocked up bath and no floor , four weeks with no shower was horrible , there was a time when my anxiety was at its peak that a shower felt like a million needles sticking into my body and mind but you have to stay clean a clean nutcase is much more approachable.
    Four weeks without a shower they then fitted the new one ( blissssss ) turning up one day a week they have bodged their way through refitting our bathroom , yesterday I sat talking to the decorator asking if he'd leave me some paint to finish off the bad bits ( he agreed it was a shite job ) so almost finished, partner almost happy they were going and today they turned up and because they'd been rumbled on bodging they ripped off the new tiles , ripped out the panelling and took off my lovely new shower , why ? Because the pipes were in the wrong place which I'd said all along .
    I do love my showers when I'm flagging with fatigue from worry it wakes me up for while
    It's not just about getting clean and I am a mucky pup , it's relaxing and invigorating ( sounds like shower gel ad ) .
    My old man like Magic was a baby boomer , he used to say he'd have a bath once a year on his birthday wether he needed it or not
    Rule of thumb is if you are always the last in the queue in the super market and no one stands behind you then you aren't standing close enough to the water often enough
    Ps I've bought a disability seat to sit it the shower now my daughters have left the nest so can stay in there and have a secret weep over where it all went wrong
    My dad says the same, Buster. He gets the micky taken out of him for it all the time "oh, it must be Xmas if he's in the bath"

I can't believe they have done that to your shower after all this. They should be throwing some compo your way.

Lol Terry, poor Yorkshire water! They made a lovely and VERY striking 17 foot high fountain outside the house for 3 entire days last year, it was an incredible spectacle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information