Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question re: colonoscopy - 1st one tomorrow!

A question re: colonoscopy - 1st one tomorrow!

Hi all

Just a quick question:

If a polyp is found during colonoscopy do they know immediately if it’s cancer or not? Or does a polyp automatically mean not cancer but could turn in the future? (Whilst cancer is obvious and referred immediately?)

Also regarding the prep solution. They recommend putting it in the fridge first, this means I can mix up the solution before I drink it? How long beforehand? Is there a time limit?

Thank you, I’m faffing as you can all see... deep breaths xxx

Re: A question re: colonoscopy - 1st one tomorrow!

They are pretty good at knowing yes. They cut them out to prevent them turning into cancer.

I never put mine in the fridge I just added cold water to it. It won't matter how long but you really don't need to put it in the fridge to be honest.

Good luck.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    They are pretty good at knowing yes. They cut them out to prevent them turning into cancer.

I never put mine in the fridge I just added cold water to it. It won't matter how long but you really don't need to put it in the fridge to be honest.

Good luck.
    Thank you so much
    I’ll check it n tomorrow and update
    Thank you xxx

Are you going to watch it or get sedation?

I like to watch it - find it quite fascinating to see my bowel/colon etc but then I may be weird

You can also talk to them and ask questions as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I assume you know that there are certain foods you can eat as well before tomorrow?

I assume you know that there are certain foods you can eat as well before tomorrow?
    So I’m on a liquid diet until the test - only broth, tea and water (I’m starving and also feel quite weak now)

I’d quite like some sedation to “take the edge off” but don’t want to be too out of it (I’m a control freak!) as for watching... not sure, when I’ve had cystoscope I never look and also when I had my op I didn’t look but tomorrow maybe I will?! I hope they do talk to me, I need it, it keeps me calm

Thanks for taking the time to write, it feels good to hear from someone who’s been there and done it!

I guess it will be interesting to see how the procedure differs from what they do in the UK or anywhere else...

So I had to take 3 pills at 6 o clock and so far nothing... I had a weird shooting pain in my bum?! But otherwise nothing.

Due to drink the liquid at 10.30. I’ve already put some magazines and wet wipes by the loo and a candle to create a nice atmosphere?!?!

Xxx

I had one in July and was able to eat some foods - like jelly (not red or orange coloured). I also had ice pops and lemonade lollies so it felt like I was sort of eating something.

I assumed you were in the UK sorry.

I had one in July and was able to eat some foods - like jelly (not red or orange coloured). I also had ice pops and lemonade lollies so it felt like I was sort of eating something.

I assumed you were in the UK sorry.
    No it’s fine, I’m from the UK but I live in Italy.

So first toilet trip...

You know all I keep thinking is how this is going to aggravate the piles?!

40 mins till prep drink time..

It certainly could do haha.

Finished first drink. Not too bad. Now on second loo trip... little bit more action than the first... I’m glad I brought the candle with me, it’s kind of relaxing ��

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

I’ve drunk all the prep (1litre tonight, another litre tomorrow at the crack of dawn). It went a bit better than expected. I feel slightly nauseous but ok. Think I’m gonna stay up another 30 mins or so, drink s chamomile and hopefully then get some shut eye...
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information