Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dating and awkwardness

Re: Dating and awkwardness

Absolutely! You call the shots, Poppy!

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Well, I finally sucked it up and we did it tonight, but only for about a minute and then he apparently got a call from work. He said he'd call me back but of course now I'm worried that he saw me and was like, "uh no" and decided to cut the call short. So, awesome.
    I'm sure that's not the reason, maybe he is just shy or perhaps he genuinely did get a call from work??? If you don't want to give another call a go then move on

Thanks all! You're making me feel better.

I figured the ball was in his court and he hasn't answered me yet BUT I am going on a date with a different guy on Sunday so maybe that will go well.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Thanks all! You're making me feel better.

I figured the ball was in his court and he hasn't answered me yet BUT I am going on a date with a different guy on Sunday so maybe that will go well.
    awesome!

So I went on my date and it was WEIRD. Probably one of the weirder ones I've been on, actually.

We went to a restaurant and he seemed funny and nice but maybe not that into me? I was definitely carrying the conversation and also very much "taking charge" of everything, like yes, we're ready to order, thank you, we're ready to leave, filling conversational silences, etc. He just kind of was quiet and avoided eye contact and all that jazz so I was like, okay, this isn't a love connection.

Then, he walks me to my car. He goes in for a kiss. I'm like, okay, and I kiss him and go toward my door ready to leave. And he gets kind of pushy and clearly wants to make out in the parking lot of this restaurant and I didn't know what to do. It just felt really intense for a first date and I didn't like it - is it dumb for me to have felt/feel a little concerned by that? Especially after such a slow and dull dinner?

He wants to go out again but I'm just not sure how I feel or what would happen.

Oh, and I found out that one of my best friends almost went on a date with this guy, but he wasn't willing to take her to a restaurant - he wanted her to just come straight to his house "for coffee." She didn't end up going.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

No, it's not dumb, if there's no connection for you there then I agree with you, what's the point in the kiss or anything else for that matter, personally I think he sounds a bit peculiar!

Hello, you sound like me. I'm 29 and don't have any dating experience outside of going on a few dates with one friend at university. It never developed into a relationship. I have social anxiety, general anxiety, and low selfesteem so dating seems really hard, but I want to try and go on a few dates as a sort of New Year's resolution. Partly to get more experience before I turn 30 (I know it's an arbitrary number, but...) I'm sorry your first one didn't turn out well, he sounds pushy. Any more luck with the app?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information