Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovarian/famle cancer worries please help

Ovarian/famle cancer worries please help

So for the last few months I keep spotting between my periods. I've gone to the out of hours doctors twice about it as it always happening on the weekend. They given me tablets and it mostly clears up. They said it was likely a uti and there was as blood in my urine. Yet it comes back again. I also get back pain and my stomach feels strange (like full or bloated).

Like I had a smear done in Stepemeber (I'm only 22, they wanted to it over me getting the coil put in. It's not in yet.) I haven't heard anything from that but with all the drama in Ireland over them it isn't really helpful. Like I also had a ct of my kindey/pelvis area back in February for other issues. All clear.

I'm just super stressed before this happened today I already made a appoiment with my own doctor as I need to get other issues discussed with her about the coil at the hospital request. I'm just very overwhelmed right now.

Like sometimes I used to get a day or two of spotting but not as this much blood. I guess I'll just have to wait until my appointment but I'm just overwhelmed right now. I move past something and it comes back again.
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 09-11-18 at 13:31.

Re: Monthly spotting and mucus issues

Hiyer, Get them to do a hormone check, that is a really likely cause. However, it sounds like they gave a progesterone based pill to stop the bleeding ? (am I correct?) in that case they are probably already aware its a hormone imbalance, as have offered the coil? If there is a hormone imbalance of the female reproductive hormones, they can look into the cause - PCOS, cysts on ovaries, or stress/anxiety or not ovulating as a few examples....or literally nothing at all except your natural hormone outputs. I think you should push them further on this than just having the coil, as the bloated feeling and irregular bleeding are clearly really worrying you, and you know something doesn't feel right. Don't worry about the 'ole 'C' word though, you had clear smear and its not in the ballpark I'm sure. There are some women, I didn't realise this until recently, who do have spotting in the middle of their cycle - called ovulation spotting.
    Last edited by Carys; 09-11-18 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer, Get them to do a hormone check, that is a really likely cause.
    Thank you for replying so quickly! I'll defo asked her about that! I think it's been I've been mostly stress for a little now. It just always seem to be something! Like I did the HPV jab thing during school....just feed up at this stage! I know better then to google because we all know what would come back!

Hiyer I add a bit more to my post above, whilst you were replying

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer I add a bit more to my post above, whilst you were replying
    Ah so sorry! I jumped the gun abit there didn't I! Like to be honest, I don't think they were hormonal based pills! It was more something to treat what they think is a UTI! I'm going on the coil because I was having heavy periods my whole life. I've been waiting over a year for this. This bleeding and mucus between periods is only something since like Juneish! Thank you so much for replying...you offered much more clearly and realistic options to the issue then I ever could! Sorry I probably didn't explain myself very well. My sister thinks when I got the uti last time, it's going to be re-happening thing.

Like I've tried to remind myself there's not to much point worrying about it until I see the doctor next week! Like I just went to the toilet again and there was more blood. Just on the paper mixed in with mucus. I'll try to stop looking and just flush from now on! Try not to worry to much about....even if that isn't always easy!

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

My lower back and bloated now. My pelvis also feels strangly full or pressue. I'm confused. I litteraly called the doctor today to set up a appoiment for reasons I already said this happeneds . is really starting to hurt now but I'm trying to put that down to other reasons. It's hard for me to jusy toss the toilet paper away but I'm doing my best. Like I'm aware of this could be because I just know what serious issues can be from feeling like this and trying to say it's unlike to myself!
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 09-11-18 at 18:24.

So. I'm going to bed. I allowed myself to glanced my tissue paper just before I went to bed when I went to the toilet. Still a good bit of mucus but with just a small tint of blood! So hoping it's going to be cleared up tomorrow. The back and stomach stuff is going on! But fingers crossed and all that!

---------- Post added 10-11-18 at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was 09-11-18 at 23:49 ----------

I'm struggling to follow asleep...the back pain is bad. I had pain in one area of my lower back a lot recently. My stomach- just everything feels off. I'm starting to worry a bit now. It's probably because I always have more anxiety during night. Like I'm trying to do a pros and cons list about why this isn't sinister. A lot more pros to why it isn't but the cons seem to out weight them. A joke, I know.

When is your doctor appointment ? If pain is that bad, and stopping you sleeping - sooner rather than later as a lack of sleep from pain will be very draining.

@Carys sorry for not replying sooner! I have a appointment with my own gp tomorrow evening! I've been okay! Still have a lot of issues going O-but at least I don't have to wait weeks! But at the appoiments gets nearly my anixety gets higher! All I can do is talk to her tomorrow x! Thank you again for the reply
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 11-11-18 at 20:34.

Update on appoiment today: The doctor said there wasn't any trace of a uti. She seemed at easy so I feel more at easy! The results for my smear aren't back and she asked that I bring in a urine sample once a week for the next few weeks! (not sure why, didn't think to ask!) But that being sad, I'll just believe I'm doing okay and this is nothing that serious x

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

My stomach and back are issues I'm really struggling with. It's rather unpleasant, I have some other issues going on as well. Like I've said before, I had a abdominal and pelvis ct scan earlier in the year. So it's probably just one of those things. It's somehow harder to tell myself that then the scary things like all types of "C and T" words.

I was feeling a little better most of the day. Very tried but good even with some stomach and back issues going on. I thought I saw a bit of blood one time after using the toilet but I quickly flushed and moved on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information