Thread: Worried about Quinsy

Worried about Quinsy

So last Friday I went up to with my doctors with mild tonsilitis inflammation and tonsil stones. To my surprise he gave me antibiotics and while I felt I didn't need them I started taking them(bad I know) I have been missing out the 4th dose sometimes because I can't get up in the AM for it and then go to college in a few hours so I take it as soon as I wake up. I am extending the 10 days to 14 because of this but the past few days I've noticed the left tonsil is a little bulgey and now I'm really worried because I haven't had a steady flow that I've got Quinsy. I've skipped the 4th doses before and been fine but this time I'm really. Worried :/

(I'm real sorry guys and I'm aware this may be just because my dad was waiting for a ambulance for his heart and I'm just panicking about myself but it's hard to get out my head) :()

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Worried about Quinsy

Hi! I know how hard it is with HA (currently down my own rabbit hole).

My brother had quinsy. He got super, super ill within a few hours on the same day his throat started to bother him. Like he wasn't even able to get enough energy to move from the couch- he looked /awful/. I'm not trying to freak you out, I'm just saying from my own experience of seeing someone with it! Like the moment a doctor looked into his mouth, they knew.

Also, I hope your Dad is okay!

Tonight's episode of "Quinsy" M.E. starring Hugh Jackman is brought to you by Dr. Google!

Now go be with your Dad... hope he's going to be ok!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

hey guys just woke up to take my penicillin (can't take all the credit, always sunny Cornwalls thunder did the trick haha)

My dad is fine the paramedic turned up after about 2 to 3 hours and thinks he was just having really bad angina since he hasn't been able to take his medications.

I've had quinsy twice. I couldn't open my mouth more than a fraction, couldn't swallow my own saliva as too painful to do so and felt sooooo bad generally. And as LouiseAndy says - the doctor would know as soon as he looks (mine actually said "Oh Christ" when he looked at mine, always reassuring!). If you get to the stage I have described - get back to the GP.

Thanks Nicole, hurts a bit today just taking my penicillin(all four doses a day) and gargling salt water, keeping an eye but will get to my doctor on Monday to make sure, sure it can wait that long, because as I'm on penicillin I don't imagine I would get it

Still hurting, still swollen, still really scared.

My life in a nutshell. Roll on Monday! I hope it's not too bad by then

Thread Information