Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some rational people to talk with

Re: Need some rational people to talk with

Sounds like you are making progress!

Get out there and work out. Getting over that hurdle will mean you've licked this one!!

Yeah progress is slow but moving in the right direction I feel. For example, today I have had some mild pain in my thigh for most of the day. My mind wants to race to the R word. I have to tell myself that this has been on and off for a month now so it surely can’t be the R word. I am going to start working out again starting this weekend and hope that will help with everything. I feel I am on the right path to getting my HA on a more manageable footing.

Quote Originally Posted by GRVY View Post
    Yeah I try not to think about and stay busy. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. Like I said, I know my situation probablyseems fantastical but it feels real to me. That is how it works with HA I guess.

The crappy thing is after a few days of stress I always feel so tired and spacey and have nausea for a day or two.
    I know what you mean. I too have rabies fears and to my bf, they aren't real. But they sure seem real to me.

So you are saying that you tmight have touched blood or bodily fluid of your dog? You can't get rabies that way. You can only get rabies from saliva or nervous tissue of an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Rainbow View Post
    I know what you mean. I too have rabies fears and to my bf, they aren't real. But they sure seem real to me.

So you are saying that you tmight have touched blood or bodily fluid of your dog? You can't get rabies that way. You can only get rabies from saliva or nervous tissue of an animal.
    My concern was that my dog had infectious saliva on his hair that I may not have noticed and that I may have touched the saliva with my hand and put it in my mouth or something. Or that the saliva that may have been on his fur got into scrapes or cuts on my hands since my hands are always scraped up from work.

This all happened over 70 days ago and I’m still here. I developed soreness in my thigh and pectoral about 37ish days ago that comes and goes but I figure if the pain was related to rabies I’d be dead by now or extremely sick.

I am slowly getting over it. It pops in my head sometime especially when my leg aches for several days in a row but I am learning to deal with it. I have been extremely achey for pretty much the entire year so I have been talking to my dr about things and he ran tests and I came back with a genetic marker for hlab27 which can indicate rheumatological illnesses. The leg pain I experience is not aches like stiff joints but more of a burning sensation. It sucks to be honest. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in March but that is off topic of this entire thing. Like I said, if my pains were from rabies I’d be a goner by now.

GRVY, I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope you feel better. But rabies you do not have, as you now understand. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Double_Rainbow View Post
    GRVY, I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope you feel better. But rabies you do not have, as you now understand. Life is good!
    Yeah. It is slowly getting through my thick head that I am going to be ok. Lol. Part of the problem with HA and likely a little ocd is that you convince yourself of things that are ridiculous sometimes. And you are right. Life is good. Better to spend time enjoying it rather than worrying about it.

Yeah. It is slowly getting through my thick head that I am going to be ok. Lol. Part of the problem with HA and likely a little ocd is that you convince yourself of things that are ridiculous sometimes. And you are right. Life is good. Better to spend time enjoying it rather than worrying about it.
    Yeah, so true. Take care of yourself friend!

So I am doing good and hardly thinking about this but then out of nowhere I wake up 2 times over the last 2 nights with a completely numb right thigh from hip to knee on outer thigh. It is not a sleeping leg because I can get up and walk and move it. It is just numb to the touch. You can pinch it and feel nothing. The feeling comes back after a bit but why is this happening? I have never experienced this before. Now I am thinking of nerve issues associated with rabies again. I sleep on my back and do nothing strange with my legs. No new mattress or anything. This is freaking out me out really bad this morning.

So I am doing good and hardly thinking about this but then out of nowhere I wake up 2 times over the last 2 nights with a completely numb right thigh from hip to knee on outer thigh. It is not a sleeping leg because I can get up and walk and move it. It is just numb to the touch. You can pinch it and feel nothing. The feeling comes back after a bit but why is this happening? I have never experienced this before. Now I am thinking of nerve issues associated with rabies again. I sleep on my back and do nothing strange with my legs. No new mattress or anything. This is freaking out me out really bad this morning.
    Why do you think that this has to be rabies? There are dozen of things that can cause this which are significantly more likely than rabies. You know rabies is a fast progressing rapidly fatal disease. You won't be having a numb leg for weeks with rabies, trust me.

So much time has gone past since the first incident, surely somewhere deep inside you, you realise you don't have rabies. You would be dead by now. From what I've read it's fatal fairly quickly.

Please try to put it out of your head, which you ultimately will, because literally soooo much time will have passed, you will come to realise that wow, I'm still here and planning my summer holiday, what the hell was I thinking last winter.
    My only worry is that something else will crop up, some condition you'll be convinced you have. That is the nature of the beast. Seeing your Dr about HA would be a very good start to knock this thing on the head.
    Take care.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information