Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't often ask for help.....red ear.....

Re: I don't often ask for help.....red ear.....

How are you today Carys? x

Heyyyyyyer,

Well, I have to say that I think, fingers crossed, there has been a slight change for the better. I now notice that also, but rather feint, in a ring around the ear (but a gap of a few cms from the ear) my skin is rather pink too. I have now put two and two together, it MUST have been the heat source after the rubbing of the various areas for a day or so (Husband said to use rechargeable hand warmer on the lowest setting!) I didn't keep it in one place, and just brushed it over the area of the TJD, but clearly it was enough for my rather raw skin to react and get inflammed. Glad I held off on the antibiotics!!! I think its going to take weeks to get back to normal to be honest, but I'm pretty sure its heading there at a very slow pace. Tempted to put up a cautionaray picture? If anyone is daft enough to do something similar. LOL

That sounds like a step in the right direction Carys.

Basically gave myself a 1st degree burn, ontop of raw skin. What an idiot! No wonder the doctor wasn't sure about infection, as when I said 'warm compress' I doubt she had 'fairly hot' in her head. Now, it all makes sense, I've had radiation burns and should have seen the signs.

We all do things like that. I've burnt the top of my ear with my hair tongs loads of times.
    So, it's just a matter of time for the healing.

We all do things like that.
    You reckon ? I'm not sure we all singe our ears and end up with an ear that is double the size, bright red all over and like something from a cartoon lol I think it might just be us.....

Thanks to everyone who replied on this thread, you kept me calm, and I REALLY needed it. I didn't start the antibiotics, luckily, despite feeling like I had a spreading germ going on.

That might explain the fluid build up then, that can happen with burns.

It's just one of those daft things we do like a hot tap burn or a burn of the oven. Right it off as a moment...or milk it to get your husband doing all the chores

Glad you are doing better.

At least I've learned what a pinna is!

Glad your auricular troubles have been sussed, Carys and what a good job you didn't start those antibiotics!!

And the fluid turned out to be a burn blister. It all makes sense now.
    This will have to go in to our online medical book.

That might explain the fluid build up then, that can happen with burns.
    Yep, absolutely! I also wanted to thank you for the earlier response you made on this thread. I thought I had done so, and tried to edit to add, but I'm having issues on this site and keep getting faults with that edit function. Thanks everso for your reassurance and kind words Terry, I did read them at the time and was grateful for them.

Yep, ladies add it to the medical dictionary......scratching and heat pads on the ear produce pretty severe fluid/swelling/redness. DONT DO IT KIDS. On the positive side, and this is certainly a HA lesson (Mind, people don't visit other threads who need to read this type of thing); the thing that looked definitely awful and 'A and E worthy' was something that is 50 percent better today, with literally nothing done treatment-wise at all. So see...those who have issues with thinking the worst of symptoms, this proves how wrong you can be.

I honestly honestly look for obvious benign cause and effect, in everything nowadays regarding health, but this one pushed me too far and I went into panic mode LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information