Thread: ALS fear; isolated foot twitch

ALS fear; isolated foot twitch

For the past 7 days, the arch of my left foot has been twitching. I notice it at rest, and even when standing up. I have not yet felt it while at motion.

It didn't even take me to Google my sx before I had my inkling of ALS anxiety. My Dr didn't believe he saw any muscle wasting. I feel fatigue in that foot, but I don't think it's weakness. I can still heel walk and tip toe.

I had an PCP annual yesterday and mentioned it. He suspected that I need arch support, given my high arches. He set my follow up for a month from now and mentioned that if it doesn't stop he'll refer me to a neurologist.

I guess I'm looking got reassurance against ALS. Is it possible for an isolated twitch to last this long and be this persistent?

Re: ALS fear; isolated foot twitch

Read THIS as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishmanpa. I actually saw your sticky right after I wrote my post.

That was very informative. I still have questions about twitching. Is it possible for an isolated twitch to last a week (or longer) and be this persistent and still be benign?

Has anyone else had benign isolated twitching?

Can focusing on a twitch actually cause more twitching? (I know the brain is a crazy powerful thing)

ty!

So the twitch in my foot is no longer as constant. Every now and then I feel a pop, which is a twitch I can see. I half wonder if if there's now a fine vibration that I can't see bc I feel buzzing sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by hs8904 View Post
    So the twitch in my foot is no longer as constant. Every now and then I feel a pop, which is a twitch I can see. I half wonder if if there's now a fine vibration that I can't see bc I feel buzzing sometimes.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes i get buzzing/vibration on my arm.

Thread Information