Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Re: Heart Rate Spiked Again

I knew it was probably some type of sinus tach (even though I worry about arrythmias) thats what the cardiologist said too. Its just scary when it happens.

---------- Post added at 03:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I had a discussion with some doctors on Reddit and they gave me a plausible theory. I've been on a 5000IU Vitamin D pill for the most of 3 months before my first round of this happening. I took it 4-5 times a week, they told me that was a very high dose, they also told me when I showed them the EKG read out that they saw signs of hypercalcemia, which is high calcium, and can cause minor arrythmia or SVT. I took the Vitamin D two days in a row for the first time since the first round, last night...and of course it happens again. They said the high dose of vitamin D could cause a reaction that creates a lot of calcium causing this (in lay mans terms I dont know the specifics). So possibly that is what is happening

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

It just happened again I was laying in bed felt an out of breath feeling, I tried to burp cause I thought it was acid a little bit of vomit came up and my heart started beating fast. was 120 initially..I got up to get my parents and it ran up as high as 138. I ran off 7 EKGs..this time 2 times it said Accidental VPB, once it said missed beat.

Try not to take so many of those EKGS because it's just going to increase anxiety. None of the EKGS I saw that you posted show SVT or any other ventricular arrythmia so try not to worry. A heart rate that is fast but regular is not a concern.
    You are going to become so worried about this that your gonna end up with an elevated heart rate more often from the anxiety... You are not in danger. All will be okay my friend..

Seems to be happening when you feel this shortness of breath, which sounds like an anxious reaction to a physical symptom. You can absolutely feel an anxious reaction without feeling stressed or anxious, this is why so many people don’t believe what they’re dealing with is anxiety.

Just thinking about your heart rate being high can raise it, and it’ll get even higher when met with anxiety. But as Careful said, you’re having sinus tach, which is a normal increase in your heart rate not caused by arrhythmia or damage. Sinus tach can make you uncomfortable, experience missed beats, breathless..but it is not dangerous, and the fact that it comes back down to normal slowly is also a good sign.

You need to get rid of that EKG thing too, it’s feeding your anxiety about this and will only grow this monster.

Find a new cardiologist, tell them what’s going on and have them evaluate you since you’re so worried about this. When they tell you you’re okay, work on believing it and get back to your regular life.

Hopefully, its just crazy to me because in 8 years of anxiety my heart rate (and I would check it during panic) never went over 125, even during the worst of my panic attacks. Now suddenly its doing more than 140 even when I didnt feel panicky before. Like the first time it happened, I just happened to randomly catch it..didnt feel anything odd..only the last two times have I felt anything.

Sounds like me 7 years ago, my heart rate never seemed to go above 120 during the worst of times. I was fine for the last 5 years until some crazy stress hit me a few months ago and I’m dealing with constant lightheadedness and feeling faint, and if I let panic come, my heart rate will shoot up to 170+ sometimes

I’ve hit 160 on an EKG before, I wasn’t feeling anxious or anything, just BAM, as soon as those leads were attached it shot up. But I was in normal rhythm, got checked by a cardio just to be sure and I’m fine..fear is a strong enemy, but it’s only as strong as we let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by DNQNYC View Post
    Sounds like me 7 years ago, my heart rate never seemed to go above 120 during the worst of times. I was fine for the last 5 years until some crazy stress hit me a few months ago and I’m dealing with constant lightheadedness and feeling faint, and if I let panic come, my heart rate will shoot up to 170+ sometimes

I’ve hit 160 on an EKG before, I wasn’t feeling anxious or anything, just BAM, as soon as those leads were attached it shot up. But I was in normal rhythm, got checked by a cardio just to be sure and I’m fine..fear is a strong enemy, but it’s only as strong as we let it be.
    Now that sounds like me..its so weird. It does seem like my heart is atleast in a somewhat normal rhythm based on all the EKGs, was it just stress for you? Did it stop happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    Now that sounds like me..its so weird. It does seem like my heart is atleast in a somewhat normal rhythm based on all the EKGs, was it just stress for you? Did it stop happening?
    EVERY doctor I’ve seen about it has assured me that my heart is fine and everything I’ve felt has been from stress/anxiety. I’m working on believing them now, which is the hard part..especially when the symptoms persist.

Goodness yessssss, I too have gotten some REALLY fast heart rates from anxiety!!! Sometimes even a tad above my starting SVT rates... Its crazy!!

I get 2 different arrhythmias... SVT and NSVT, I also get both PVCS and PACS but in a structurally normal heart and in the absence of heart disease it's okay.. I had some genetic testing done in September and just had my follow up last week and had a genetic mutation pop up in my arrythmia panel, so its starting to look like it's something genetic for me. I had tons of testing starting when I was 20 years old due to my symptoms and the fact that I have a really nasty history of sudden death on my fathers side. If it's one thing I learned over the years is that most arrythmia's are not as bad as they sound...

I suppose my point is that I can relate to how your feeling, I know the fear all too well that your gonna drop dead at any minute but I have learned a lot over the years about the heart and so I'm not as scared anymore. I started with all this at 19 years old and I'm 37 now. I spent many years afraid to get off the couch because if it wasnt one of my arrythmia's scaring me, it was the anxiety causing sinus tachycardia scaring me... I wasted so much of my life scared. Take the advice given by DN... See another cardiologist and if this one says all is well, listen to them. Don't allow the fear and anxiety to steal your life away because trust me when I tell you that it's a viscous cycle and anxiety especially health anxiety is relentless...
    Last edited by Careful1; 18-11-18 at 03:53.

Quote Originally Posted by DNQNYC View Post
    EVERY doctor I’ve seen about it has assured me that my heart is fine and everything I’ve felt has been from stress/anxiety. I’m working on believing them now, which is the hard part..especially when the symptoms persist.
    That is good advice...I know my heart is most likely structurally ok...it was when I was 21 atleast..at 27 not much usually changes. Getting comfortable with it is definitely the tough thing. Im just hoping they ease up soon, if it keeps happening days in a row again its gonna be really tough. A good holter monitor when it happens would be good for me too I think to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    That is good advice...I know my heart is most likely structurally ok...it was when I was 21 atleast..at 27 not much usually changes. Getting comfortable with it is definitely the tough thing. Im just hoping they ease up soon, if it keeps happening days in a row again its gonna be really tough. A good holter monitor when it happens would be good for me too I think to confirm.
    It’s funny how anxiety works. I was fine up until early August, I took a trip out to LA with some friends from July 5-10th. We had two days of 110* weather and both days we walked a few miles around the city, it was brutal but I had no worries as I wasn’t thinking anything of my heart. The last day, I had a falling out with a closer friend and we cut off contact for good. It left me pretty stressed and finally had a bad panic attack after feeling better about things and letting it go. It started a whole new bout of heart health anxiety and now just doing small things around the house gets my heart rate up over 120 and leaves me lightheaded and anxious about it..even though just 4 months ago I was totally fine and could walk miles in brutal heat and not have a heart care in the world.

Our minds are strong, and it took a while for us to let anxiety work it’s way in, so, sometimes it’s going to take a while to get it out. It’s not an impossible task though. I think the best, but hardest thing we need to do is just feel the symptoms. After a while, they get less and less scary. The less we feed the dragon, the faster it dies. Sometimes we need professional help with this, sometimes medication can help, and sometimes we can muster the strength to overcome it ourselves. Whatever the case, don’t lose hope.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information