Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Re: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    Goodness yessssss, I too have gotten some REALLY fast heart rates from anxiety!!! Sometimes even a tad above my starting SVT rates... Its crazy!!

I get 2 different arrhythmias... SVT and NSVT, I also get both PVCS and PACS but in a structurally normal heart and in the absence of heart disease it's okay.. I had some genetic testing done in September and just had my follow up last week and had a genetic mutation pop up in my arrythmia panel, so its starting to look like it's something genetic for me. I had tons of testing starting when I was 20 years old due to my symptoms and the fact that I have a really nasty history of sudden death on my fathers side. If it's one thing I learned over the years is that most arrythmia's are not as bad as they sound...

I suppose my point is that I can relate to how your feeling, I know the fear all too well that your gonna drop dead at any minute but I have learned a lot over the years about the heart and so I'm not as scared anymore. I started with all this at 19 years old and I'm 37 now. I spent many years afraid to get off the couch because if it wasnt one of my arrythmia's scaring me, it was the anxiety causing sinus tachycardia scaring me... I wasted so much of my life scared. Take the advice given by DN... See another cardiologist and if this one says all is well, listen to them. Don't allow the fear and anxiety to steal your life away because trust me when I tell you that it's a viscous cycle and anxiety especially health anxiety is relentless...
    Try to just had another issue too..something really anxiety inducing happened about an hour ago so I was kinda stressed, it built, and then my left arm started feeling tingly...last time my arm felt tingly my pulse went 143. I was feeling my chest getting more nervous and I felt missed beats, felt like My heart would pause for a second. I grabbed my EKG machine, that confirmed the missed beats. I know I Was starting to panic and that can happen with panic but ugh. Heres the EKG reading.

https://imgur.com/sQ99v3p

It used the wording "missed beats"?

The reason I asked is because "missed beats" isnt really a medical term. I am guessing your thinking of ectopics maybe? As most people describe those as missed or skipped beats even though they are neither and are actually premature beats. In any case the EKG strip you posted shows none and looks rather fine.

Tingly arm, nervous chest and increase in heart rate all sound like anxiety and the start of a panic attack. I can assure you "tingly arms or anything else" isnt a sign of ectopics but it is certainly a sign of hyperventilation due to anxiety.
    Last edited by Careful1; 18-11-18 at 16:59.

It used the wording "missed beats"?

The reason I asked is because "missed beats" isnt really a medical term. I am guessing your thinking of ectopics maybe? As most people describe those as missed or skipped beats even though they are neither and are actually premature beats. In any case the EKG strip you posted shows none and looks rather fine.

Tingly arm, nervous chest and increase in heart rate all sound like anxiety and the start of a panic attack. I can assure you "tingly arms or anything else" isnt a sign of ectopics but it is certainly a sign of hyperventilation due to anxiety.
    Yea..I think most likely the tingly thing was a pinched nerve. The description of "missed beats" for this machine is "skipped beat, the regular rhythm is interrupted by a premature or early beat, PAC or PVC." So yea it essentially means PAC or PVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    Yea..I think most likely the tingly thing was a pinched nerve. The description of "missed beats" for this machine is "skipped beat, the regular rhythm is interrupted by a premature or early beat, PAC or PVC." So yea it essentially means PAC or PVC.
    The stripped you posted shows no PVCS or PACS and so not real sure why it said that.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Here are a couple of my strips from cardio net. The very top strip is of a PAC and the one further down is of a PVC.

http://imgur.com/a/IwcCogV

The stripped you posted shows no PVCS or PACS and so not real sure why it said that.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Here are a couple of my strips from cardio net. The very top strip is of a PAC and the one further down is of a PVC.

http://imgur.com/a/IwcCogV
    It just happened again for the first time in 5 days. I had been checking my pulse a few times tonight manually was great..I even checked about a minute before I did this..was great then too. But I did my nightly EKG run, and of course as I was starting it, my pulse was 95-100, I was like..no way it just wasnt that fast, then i felt it pounding in my chest and quickly jumped up, 115 then 120, it bounced off of 135 then came back down went 110 for a couple minutes then bounced between 95/115. I took my blood pressure, it was 153/96, which is very high for me. Only times I've seen it that high are when this happens. I got the EKG Readings again.

Bottom ones are the ones first. https://imgur.com/a/mBhLjNe

All is well with those strips, normal sinus rhythm... No worries and it's normal for blood pressure to spike during anxiety....

You gotta stop checking your pulse when there really isn't a reason to. You gotta stop looking for things to be irregular because it will only cause you to become hyper sensitive. You will start noticing every little thing your body does, most of which will be completely normal but you won't see it that way and your anxiety will sky rocket. Its very hard to get back to normal after that. Try and get it under control while you can.
    Last edited by Careful1; 22-11-18 at 23:28.

All is well with those strips, normal sinus rhythm... No worries and it's normal for blood pressure to spike during anxiety....

You gotta stop checking your pulse when there really isn't a reason to. You gotta stop looking for things to be irregular because it will only cause you to become hyper sensitive. You will start noticing every little thing your body does, most of which will be completely normal but you won't see it that way and your anxiety will sky rocket. Its very hard to get back to normal after that. Try and get it under control while you can.
    Ugh it just happened again I was sitting here, I looked out the window, I thought I saw something out the window, I felt shocked for a second. IT was nothing but I sat here, and I Felt like a huge wave of adrenaline come on. I felt my heart at first and it felt normal but it felt like this intense wave coming on and my pulse went up and up to 130 on my EKG, then dipped back down..with in 3-5 minutes it was back to normal.

I wasnt worried about it, it wasnt anxiety ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    I wasnt worried about it, it wasnt anxiety ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi omg I have just read your post and this is exactly the same thing I am going through like pretty much to the letter

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I have been dealing with this for the last 4 years. I have exactly as you describe, even the wave you mention just before it happens. The highest my pulse ever went was 190 and that was the 1st time ever it has never been that high again it normally peaks at 140 or 160. The 1st time it all happened I ended up admitted to hospital ( I was pregnant at the time ) I’d had ecgs holters etc they caught nothing and they basically told me I had to pull myself together for the sake of me and my baby and after that I didn’t have another episode for a long time in fact my EP cardiologist was going to discharge me and tbh these episodes had become a distant memory. I was literally power walking 22 miles a week no issue. Roll on to September my little boy started nursery among many other stresses and I was sat in the car, a car nearly crashed into us and bang the funny sensation followed by the heart racing banging my tongue went numb and my vision went funny. It passed quickly but sadly this time I have not been able to get them to go away. Anyhoo I had an appt with the cardiologist they always give u an ecg before u go in and it just so happens I see the top EP anyhoo whilst on the machine my heart does it’s thing goes up to 143 and they catch it all on the machine. I see my dr and he has diagnosed me with inappropriate sinus tachycardia I’ve been put on bisoprolol and it has helped a lot. I truly can’t deciper if it’s my anxiety setting this off or vice versa. I’m in my own personal hell right now and am terrified to leave the house in case it kicks off when I’m out it’s so weird that you’ve posted this with identical symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by LPatt View Post
    Hi omg I have just read your post and this is exactly the same thing I am going through like pretty much to the letter

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I have been dealing with this for the last 4 years. I have exactly as you describe, even the wave you mention just before it happens. The highest my pulse ever went was 190 and that was the 1st time ever it has never been that high again it normally peaks at 140 or 160. The 1st time it all happened I ended up admitted to hospital ( I was pregnant at the time ) I’d had ecgs holters etc they caught nothing and they basically told me I had to pull myself together for the sake of me and my baby and after that I didn’t have another episode for a long time in fact my EP cardiologist was going to discharge me and tbh these episodes had become a distant memory. I was literally power walking 22 miles a week no issue. Roll on to September my little boy started nursery among many other stresses and I was sat in the car, a car nearly crashed into us and bang the funny sensation followed by the heart racing banging my tongue went numb and my vision went funny. It passed quickly but sadly this time I have not been able to get them to go away. Anyhoo I had an appt with the cardiologist they always give u an ecg before u go in and it just so happens I see the top EP anyhoo whilst on the machine my heart does it’s thing goes up to 143 and they catch it all on the machine. I see my dr and he has diagnosed me with inappropriate sinus tachycardia I’ve been put on bisoprolol and it has helped a lot. I truly can’t deciper if it’s my anxiety setting this off or vice versa. I’m in my own personal hell right now and am terrified to leave the house in case it kicks off when I’m out it’s so weird that you’ve posted this with identical symptoms
    It is very terrifying, and yea that sounds a lot like me. I've been catching mine on portable EKG but the machines are so sensitive and theres so much artifacting that I dont know how much you can learn from them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information