Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Heart Rate Spiked Again

Re: Heart Rate Spiked Again

How do you know the things you are experiencing are not anxiety?? Every single one of us that have anxiety esp health anxiety have said this same thing but guess what??
    Last edited by Careful1; 24-11-18 at 14:50.

I’m the same I have an I watch and constantly check it. The more I look at it the more it goes up. ��.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What did the cardiologist actually say about your heart health? Does he know of your anxiety? I ask because you have a long history of anxiety and owning things like a portable EKG, BP machine and O2 meter encourages self-checking behavior which just feeds your anxiety which causes you panic, which raises your heart rate etc.etc.etc.

Positive thoughts
    He knew I was very anxious about what happened with my heart rate spiking up and after I had noticed some weird symptoms before. I mentioned anxiety some. He said he suspected my heart health was good based off of tests I had in 2011. He knows my blood pressure and pulse are normally good. I've hardly used any of those machines in weeks except for when I've had the heart pounding episodes I grab the EKG machine. I used it a lot before I went to him the first time so I could give him the readouts on it. But for the most part the only time I've used any machine is after the issue has already started now.

Here's the thing. You're hyped up due to anxiety and hyper-focused on your heart. For what its worth, IMO, having those devices is detrimental but you're going to do what you want to do so...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    How do you know the things you are experiencing are not anxiety?? Every single one of us that have anxiety esp health anxiety have said this same thing but guess what??
    I dont for sure. Im sure a good percentage of things I feel are anxiety, or atleast affects of anxiety. Things just kinda get jumbled up to where you cant really tell whats anxiety and what is something else.

I also just totally seperate from this issue tend to feel really bad on a day to day basis, that kinda goes back to whats been going on for months, just feeling sick everyday, no matter how good I feel mentally. I've had days where I actually had little to no worrying, and physically, just still felt awful, which eventually invited the anxiety back in. My parents just say they feel bad every day too, which is..partially true. My dad actually feels sick a lot (way more than the average person), but he doesnt go to doctors or anything. He blames on antibiotics he was given 25 years ago. He has nerve issues and tons of strange things. So theres some odd stuff going on in this house.

My opinion is that you’re doctor should have done a 24 Hour Holter ECG for you and possibly an echocardiogram ( ultrasound). It is possible to be some sort of Arrythmia. The symptoms can match Supraventricular Tachycardia. Did the doctor at least do a physical ? Did he hear any heart murmurs during auscultation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike998e View Post
    My opinion is that you’re doctor should have done a 24 Hour Holter ECG for you and possibly an echocardiogram ( ultrasound). It is possible to be some sort of Arrythmia. The symptoms can match Supraventricular Tachycardia. Did the doctor at least do a physical ? Did he hear any heart murmurs during auscultation?
    A physical in what sense. All he honestly did was listen to my heart for a few seconds with a stethoscope and an EKG..and I absolutely agree he should have, I was shocked when he didnt. The reason he didnt do an echocardiolgram was that I had 3 in 2011 that were good, and at 27 years he old I guess he thought nothing would have changed in that time. I will be calling first thing monday and asking for a holter monitor though.

I think he wanted me to use this ECG in replacement of a 24 hour monitor, by the way he worded it. But I've been told so often they arent the most reliable things, though everyone I've shown it says there appears to be normal sinus rhythm even though fast when I've shown them what I've caught on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbfan View Post
    A physical in what sense. All he honestly did was listen to my heart for a few seconds with a stethoscope and an EKG..and I absolutely agree he should have, I was shocked when he didnt. The reason he didnt do an echocardiolgram was that I had 3 in 2011 that were good, and at 27 years he old I guess he thought nothing would have changed in that time. I will be calling first thing monday and asking for a holter monitor though.

I think he wanted me to use this ECG in replacement of a 24 hour monitor, by the way he worded it. But I've been told so often they arent the most reliable things, though everyone I've shown it says there appears to be normal sinus rhythm even though fast when I've shown them what I've caught on it.
    Yes, all the strips I saw that you posted were normal sinus rhythm, some showed sinus tachycardia.. I haven't seen any SVT on any of your strips and the heart rates that you have been getting aren't commonly seen in people having an SVT episode either but even in the unlikely event you are ever diagnosed with SVT or even IST, you will be just fine.

You're 27. Your post history shows your heart is your fear du jour. The EKG would have raised any red flags. Pursue testing if you want but as one who actually has heart disease, I know it will turn up nothing Treat your anxiety and you treat the symptoms caused by it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know, im calling the cardiologist first thing when they open this morning.

But once again, it just happened again. I was sitting here, calmly. Feeling ok, watching some videos with my friends, when I felt a spasming in my throat, almost felt like muscle but it felt like a fast heartbeat too, I felt my chest and Immediately could tell it was racing. There is just a different feel when its doing this. I have had more than enough things give me anxiety this weekend that would have brought this up like this if it was anxiety..Theres just a different feel to this. I did grab the EKG machine (Note the only time im using any machine is when I feel this happen already). I'll link the strips below. I just dont know how that could have been anxiety. Being as rational as I possibly can. I did stay relatively calm the entire time, didnt have any huge freak out or panic. It had been a couple minutes before I Took that reading, I think it only got a little over 120 as I was reading, it stayed over 100 for about 4 minutes before going back to the 90s.

https://imgur.com/a/GlGu4hq
    Last edited by Trbfan; 26-11-18 at 09:41.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information