Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: The Amusing News Thread.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    The Amusing News Thread.

    Hi all,

    We often need a good laugh more than most so how about a thread to celebrate the weird & wacky light news that just makes you smile? Maybe it's a page of total animal cuteness or an amusing story of something that has happened.

    Let's give each other a reason to or go "awww".



    ---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

    First one from me:

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-46212758

    A parrot's squawking impersonation of a smoke alarm led to firefighters being called out to a home.

    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,299

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    I really like this one of Lidl trolling the (lovely) John Lewis advert.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...631.html%3famp


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi all,



    We often need a good laugh more than most so how about a thread to celebrate the weird & wacky light news that just makes you smile? Maybe it's a page of total animal cuteness or an amusing story of something that has happened.



    Let's give each other a reason to or go "awww".





    ---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

    First one from me:



    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-46212758



    A parrot's squawking impersonation of a smoke alarm led to firefighters being called out to a home.





    Brilliant! I love the fire service tweet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I really like this one of Lidl trolling the (lovely) John Lewis advert.

    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...631.html%3famp
    Good on Lidl! Didn't they do something similiar last year?

    John Lewis will find Lidl have that £15 even cheaper.

    You've got to wonder at John Lewis now stocking pianos to go with the advert. That firm are already in trouble (lots of redundancies earlier this year) and it's a niche item. They will look great in the store though![COLOR="blue"]

    ---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

    https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/16/minia...ducks-7549585/

    Nothing to see here, just some giant ducks wreaking havoc on a village.


    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,596

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    This is a great idea for a thread.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,299

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Good on Lidl! Didn't they do something similiar last year?



    John Lewis will find Lidl have that £15 even cheaper.



    You've got to wonder at John Lewis now stocking pianos to go with the advert. That firm are already in trouble (lots of redundancies earlier this year) and it's a niche item. They will look great in the store though![COLOR="blue"]



    ---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------



    https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/16/minia...ducks-7549585/



    Nothing to see here, just some giant ducks wreaking havoc on a village.






    Oh I love the ducklings! Thatís SO good


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45179970

    Parrot swears at London firefighter trying to rescue it from roof

    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...illed-13651665

    A cow called Knickers is too big to be killed and striking images show it towering over the rest of the herd.
    Knickers weighs 220st and stands at a massive 6ft 4inches tall - but his mammoth size means he gets to live out his days roaming the fields in Western Australia.


    That's huge!!!

    Does this sum up humans? There's simply too much meat on the cow, we want one with less meat on. And not realising breeding with Knickers could mean we have Jurassic Park sized herds in future generations!!!
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    529

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    That is one big cow,I watched that story on tele
    I came home from work yesterday and found twelve turkeys in the backyard,I thought wow Christmas dinner too help feed the homeless,but the buggers flew off before I got the cast net,big nice and healthy they were.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    That is one big cow,I watched that story on tele
    I came home from work yesterday and found twelve turkeys in the backyard,I thought wow Christmas dinner too help feed the homeless,but the buggers flew off before I got the cast net,big nice and healthy they were.
    The 12 turkeys of Christmas!!!

    Did they escape from somewhere? Over here all that would remain would be feathers & blood and a rather full looking happy fox.
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    23,578

    Re: The Amusing News Thread.

    I bet he was licking his lips at the window

    Makes sense, I never thought about the fires. Does this mean they are very close to you? Stay safe, Lola
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Some amusing illustration
    By jammiebasket in forum Misc
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-17, 09:08
  2. Amusing Doctor visit
    By 70sgirl in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-06-14, 18:27
  3. An amusing tale!
    By nervousnikki in forum Panic Pause/Humour/Games & Quizzes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-09, 23:40
  4. My most amusing dinner invite !
    By Cheekyone in forum Panic Pause/Humour/Games & Quizzes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-08-08, 21:12
  5. just an amusing question.
    By jitterbug in forum Panic Pause/Humour/Games & Quizzes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-10-07, 15:57

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •