Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please! Is this ibs or more?

Worried about my husband

My husband is healthy ..37 years old but has been experiencing some issues and I have major anxiety over it. Just wondering if anyone has been through this and if you can help me if so. A week ago he ate a funky burger (an elk burger) and got bad diarrhea for a few days but seemed to be ok otherwise. Then he started getting this intense gas pain where his stomach would bloat up and he was miserable. Mostly after eating. He had been taking inmodium but stopped because he thought maybe that was contributing to the bloating. Now today he has explosive diarrhea again. I’m so worried. What could this possibly be? Anyone have an experience like this??

Re: Worried about my husband

Food poisoning? With those symptoms he should probably visit the doctor and have a stool sample as its gone on for over a week ? I'm not an immodium fan, as I've heard it can keep infective waste in the body when the body is trying to expel it, thus making any stomach bug last longer as it allows it to replicate rather than being expelled. He should drink plenty of fluids and make a docs appt.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Food poisoning? With those symptoms he should probably visit the doctor and have a stool sample as its gone on for over a week ? I'm not an immodium fan, as I've heard it can keep infective waste in the body when the body is trying to expel it, thus making any stomach bug last longer as it allows it to replicate rather than being expelled. He should drink plenty of fluids and make a docs appt.
    He has a doctors appt tomorrow morning thankfully. I’m wondering if the immodium did more harm than good as you mentioned. I get so worried about him having an intestinal block or something sinister. :(

I get so worried about him having an intestinal block or something sinister. :(

Well, that didn't even occur to me, I start from the obvious - food eaten, stomach problems....

Yes I wish I was more rational to not go there with my thoughts. The doctor had Him submit a stool sample so we’re waiting on that.

Wonder if anyone else got sick from their burger too ?

Wonder if anyone else got sick from their burger too ?
    No else else had that kind :(

Can a non sinister thing last this long? He’s been sick since Halloween!

Yes, absolutely it can last ! Thats why they take stool samples, for people in this situation that have long-term issues that don't resolve (with bacteria) for weeks. He could, after all of this, need a good pro-biotic too to build his gut flora back up as they will have taken quite a hit. I once came back from abroad with a touch of amoebic dysentry, it was not pleasant for weeks. Why does 'lasting longer' mean sinister?

Yes, absolutely it can last ! Thats why they take stool samples, for people in this situation that have long-term issues that don't resolve (with bacteria) for weeks. He could, after all of this, need a good pro-biotic too to build his gut flora back up as they will have taken quite a hit. I once came back from abroad with a touch of amoebic dysentry, it was not pleasant for weeks. Why does 'lasting longer' mean sinister?
    I guess I’m just used to stomach things resolving themselves quickly. I actually got sick myself on Sunday night with diarrhea and vomiting and was fine by Tuesday so I thought if we had something similar than why is his taking so long to clear up. But good to know about! I did buy him a probiotic on amazon yesterday so we’re waiting for that to get here. And he’s delivering the stool sample soon. I want to die knowing there is poop in my refrigerator. 😭

Yeah, get it in there asap, as it can take a few days for the cultures to be made...or whatever they do...WHAT a job ! LOL

Errr Poo in your fridge, thats not nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information