Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please! Is this ibs or more?

Re: Worried about my husband

I got terribly sick after eating an undercooked burger (not elk) on a business trip. I battled gas and diarrhea for weeks. My stool sample was ok, it was just that my stomach was so irritated afterward that it couldn't settle down. I ended up having to take a couple of medications to get back to normal.

If it's in your fridge, I think he can't deliver that stool sample soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    I got terribly sick after eating an undercooked burger (not elk) on a business trip. I battled gas and diarrhea for weeks. My stool sample was ok, it was just that my stomach was so irritated afterward that it couldn't settle down. I ended up having to take a couple of medications to get back to normal.

If it's in your fridge, I think he can't deliver that stool sample soon enough!
    Haha luckily he got it out of the house soon after thank god!!! Sorry you went through that but it is comforting to hear it can be common. The doctor put him on a fodmap diet and so he’s been eating carefully. He just had rotisserie chicken with nothing else and had diarrhea but none of that debilitating pain he’s been feeling after every meal so fingers crossed that this diet will help regulate him. I just worry about him losing nutrients and losing weight.

Poo in the fridge? Sounds like my old school canteen

Keep him hydrated. Rehydration salts are useful for this because with long term sickness & runs it's the loss of body salt that tends to be a problem. His GP would be aware and watching that anyway.

Just trying to stay here instead of doctor google. My poor guy doesn’t seem to be getting better yet. If he eats enough to satisfy him, his body rejects it and he has insane gas and diarrhea from it. :( I’m so worried.

Oh gosh it sounds like he is going to need a course of anti-biotics doesn't it.....how horrible for him after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oh gosh it sounds like he is going to need a course of anti-biotics doesn't it.....how horrible for him after so long.
    Yes I feel awful for him. We’re still waiting on two stool samples to come back and I worry bc he seems a bit worried now too.

So all his stool samples came back normal bt this just means he probably needs to see a Gi. Please calm my nerves that it can still be something fixable and not scary. :(

Anyone out there? We’ve made an appt with a GI and I’m so scared bc he’s lost weight!

It could be that the bacteria has been and gone, flushed out, but he is left with some GI symptons. I am also wondering - did they check for viruses and parasites ? (not just bacteria?)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It could be that the bacteria has been and gone, flushed out, but he is left with some GI symptons. I am also wondering - did they check for viruses and parasites ? (not just bacteria?)
    I’m not sure if they checked for viruses but for sure bacteria and parasites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information