Thread: strange hyper awareness of thoughts

strange hyper awareness of thoughts

Ive been like this since summer. I'm still trying to figure out how to explain it. Its really frustrating. Its like this over awareness or over thinking of thoughts that are otherwise automatic. Its pretty much this constant uncomfortable feeling whenever I look at my surroundings. Its like normally I sometimes think of things that make me happy or sad when the mood fits and its usually just an automatic thing. But now it's like I'm overanyalzing my perspective, like how things look and feel to me mentally. Its just really hard to explain to anyone even my therapist. I just can't seem to get past it and it always leads to panic. I'm not sure What I'm supposed to be doing to stop this. And when this "feeling" sometimes stops I can still never seem to stop worrying. Its constant 24/7 and I don't feel happy anymore. I'm on low doses of buspar and zoloft and I'm not sure they're helping.
    Last edited by tech3545; 17-11-18 at 19:32.

Re: strange hyper awareness of thoughts

Hi Tech ,
    These are quite common symptoms with GAD I suffer from hyper awareness of thoughts I think the other terms for it are hyper vigilance it can be exhausting and make you feel depressed. I sometimes try to distract myself with exercise, talking with friends or just trying to get out of the house when it is bad when I am at work it seems to go away because I am concentrating on other things. Sedatives or beta-blockers can make it worse as is sometimes the case with medication. It does seem to go away in my case as my anxiety reduces over time . Cutting out caffeine, sugary drinks and other stimulants help as well .
    Take Care
    RCS

Thread Information