Thread: So worried about DVT in leg from birth control

So worried about DVT in leg from birth control

Hi everyone,

I’m starting my third month on birth control, It seems like since the first day I’ve had this pain behind my left thigh and in my lower left calf at the back. It’s on and off, and kind sharp at times. It’s also only in one area, when I press on it, it hurts too. I don’t think I see any swelling or redness. Sometimes I get a bit of cramping in that but I get that sometimes.

Months ago, probably a month before I was on Alesse, I was on Lolo for a month and my leg hurt during that so I got a ultrasound done to check and the blood flow was fine and there was no blockage.

I’m so worried again because of the pain :( I might go back to the doctors and get another ultrasound done. Really can’t stop thinking about it

Re: So worried about DVT in leg from birth control

If you're worried about blood clotting, ask your doctor if you can take a daily aspirin.

I have to be on bcp for my PCOS. Told my doctor I was worried about dvt and she told me to take a baby aspirin to ease my mind.

She also told me that blood clots from bcp isn't as common as those scary commercials make it out to be.

You are more at risk from developing a blood clot from a long flight or pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygal View Post
    If you're worried about blood clotting, ask your doctor if you can take a daily aspirin.

I have to be on bcp for my PCOS. Told my doctor I was worried about dvt and she told me to take a baby aspirin to ease my mind.

She also told me that blood clots from bcp isn't as common as those scary commercials make it out to be.

You are more at risk from developing a blood clot from a long flight or pregnancy.
    Thanks for the reassurance crazygal xx I still have the pain on and off in my calf. I have to go to my check up soon so I will talk to my doctor.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

I really can’t tell if it’s all in my head or not.
    But the pain can be on and off, I feel like it’s worse when I think about it. My left leg calf has been achy today and I just had to tippy toe to reach for something and I got a really bad cramp and pain in my calf. Now when I put my leg straight out and bring my foot upwards towards my body it caused a pain in my calf. Yesterday it didn’t hurt at all. Could I be subconsciously tightening my calf without knowing which could be the cause of it? I did an ultrasound two months ago and everything was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post

I feel like it’s worse when I think about it.
    I think that's the answer

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Seriously so worried today about DVT. The pain is only in my left lower leg. I don’t think it’s swollen or anything, but sometimes I feel pricks and needles in that calf, and the pain comes and goes. I’m not sure if I’m just thinking about it too much, but it feels “full” in a way. There’s no rash or warm spot or anything from what I see in the symptoms of DVT. But it is a bit painful.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

I’m just going to add I’ve had this pain for over 3 months now. I’m so scared there’s a blood clot slowly building up.

The area on my leg is tender too

Seriously so worried today about DVT. The pain is only in my left lower leg. I don’t think it’s swollen or anything, but sometimes I feel pricks and needles in that calf, and the pain comes and goes. I’m not sure if I’m just thinking about it too much, but it feels “full” in a way. There’s no rash or warm spot or anything from what I see in the symptoms of DVT. But it is a bit painful.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

I’m just going to add I’ve had this pain for over 3 months now. I’m so scared there’s a blood clot slowly building up.

The area on my leg is tender too
    The pain from a blood clot does not come and go. The area would be warm, swollen and you would not be able to walk. I wear compression socks to prevent clots. I was told by my doc the symptoms of a clot are not subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    The pain from a blood clot does not come and go. The area would be warm, swollen and you would not be able to walk.
    Fact!

I feel like it’s worse when I think about it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I actually have a hereditary condition that makes me more susceptible to blood clots. Just about everyone on one side of my family has had one. Trust me, if you have one, you will know it. The pain will not come and go, the area will be swollen (i.e. if you measured your leg there would be a noticeable difference between the leg with the clot and the one without), and the area would feel red and hot. Fortunately, even if you ever do get a blood clot (which you don't have right now), they are very treatable. I'm more prone to them because of my condition and even though I do have health anxiety, I don't worry about blood clots. Remember, if you have one, you'll know it. And if you have one they are very treatable.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    The pain from a blood clot does not come and go. The area would be warm, swollen and you would not be able to walk. I wear compression socks to prevent clots. I was told by my doc the symptoms of a clot are not subtle.
    Hello Utrocket, thanks for the response
    It makes me feel so much better hearing that!

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke4131 View Post
    I actually have a hereditary condition that makes me more susceptible to blood clots. Just about everyone on one side of my family has had one. Trust me, if you have one, you will know it. The pain will not come and go, the area will be swollen (i.e. if you measured your leg there would be a noticeable difference between the leg with the clot and the one without), and the area would feel red and hot. Fortunately, even if you ever do get a blood clot (which you don't have right now), they are very treatable. I'm more prone to them because of my condition and even though I do have health anxiety, I don't worry about blood clots. Remember, if you have one, you'll know it. And if you have one they are very treatable.
    Hello Brooke, thank you for responding!
    Reading your post has made me feel so much better about my fear. Actually, to the point where I don’t feel that pain in my calf as often as before. Thank you thank you thank you!
    Have you ever had a blood clot before?

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Fact!

Positive thoughts

Thread Information