Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self breast exam with HA

Re: Self breast exam with HA

I don't know why. Its just some weird fear i have. Also because of the lumpy bits and fibrocystic pain i quess. And the lumps all seem hard and wrong to me .

Did your surgeon mention something about the rock hard/frozen pea? Otherwise how would you know of a lumpy bit is something sinister?

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

I am 36 by the way

Well, no the 'frozen pea' thing wasn't brought up as I went in with a lump myself that didn't present like that, but I will say this.....you will know if something doesn't feel right if you are doing regular breast examinations. You just need to trust in this fact that is your knowledge of what is normal for you that is important; those women who get to stage 2, 3 and even stage 4 with bc, are those who (for whatever reason) weren't breast aware. The aim is to pick up changes at stage 0 and stage 1 - where they are totally treatable. If something is really wrong, you will feel it. The fact that you have 'pea-sized lumps' now, and you've had an ultrasound, means that those pieces of tissue are normal for you.

Yes you are right. The lumpy bit i have is not even a pea. But i thought the bad things are always rock hard. But maybe my tissue just feels a bit harder and that is normal. And you are right about trusting myself that i will be able to tell when something is off by doing a bse. I need to stop prodding the lumpy bit sitting up with fingertips and just rely on the bse each month...

Hi. There is an app you can get called "Know your Lemons" which is a guided breast exam. I highly recommend it. I was clueless and doing it all wrong.

Bumping this up, I just started doing regular exams a few months ago. I'm 34 years old, I know I know! I never worried about doing it because I get yearly breast exams by my gynecologist. Anyway, I'm still getting to know what my normal is so right now, since I'm sorta new to it, how do I know what I'm feeling is normal or not? I did have a mammogram in 2016 and also a breast MRI and both were clear. Not sure how long I can rely on those results though? Anyone know?

Whatever you feel now is your baseline......next month....you see if anything has changed from this month. If there was anything untoward that was 'sinister' then that would change from now, in the following months.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Whatever you feel now is your baseline......next month....you see if anything has changed from this month. If there was anything untoward that was 'sinister' then that would change from now, in the following months.
    Ok thank you! I have one area I'm slightly concerned over in my right breast. It's a rubbery thing that moves pretty easily between my fingers and with the rest of my tissue. When I first felt it about a month ago it was like a bouncy ball, very prominent, firm and rubbery. I let a cycle pass and it's still there but it's much flatter. I'm leaning towards a cyst or normal tissue change. My gynecologist always tells me to give something 3 cycles before coming in uunless it's rock hard and non moveable. It's only been one so far and by the time I get to 3 l will be due for my yearly gyne visit anyway. I also keep telling ,myself that I had a clear breast MRI 2 years ago so...
    Last edited by Leslie735; 03-12-18 at 22:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information