Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depersonslization and waking up

Depersonslization and waking up

I have been suffering from depersonalisation for a while now due to Health Anxiety. Just felt like on autopilot. I havent been sleeping for more than a couple of hours for over a week.
    Last night I actually managed to have more sleep probably due to exhaustion. When woke up today had a sudden rush of awful
    anxiety and the depersonalisation feelings were very very strong. I didnt believe my surroundings who i was like totally within a dream. I was shaking all over. I had to sort of fight back to reality. It was terrifying. I am now finding it hard to let go of the feeling now. Anybody else experience this when waking up and how they managed to control them?

Re: Depersonslization and waking up

Mate I know how you feel the world seems really different ,I try talk my self out of it never works! I've tried to accept it ,can't! My health anxiety is through the roof yday I sat on Google the whole day trying to find reasons why I have two lymph nodes in my neck everything come back with C" it's hard Especailly with dpdr you feel like it's not you talking,walking doing things you will normally do is like a blur plus the unsteady shaky feeling is ridiculous

We can help Each other get through it!
    Drop me a message

Quote Originally Posted by Realanxious View Post
    Mate I know how you feel the world seems really different ,I try talk my self out of it never works! I've tried to accept it ,can't! My health anxiety is through the roof yday I sat on Google the whole day trying to find reasons why I have two lymph nodes in my neck everything come back with C" it's hard Especailly with dpdr you feel like it's not you talking,walking doing things you will normally do is like a blur plus the unsteady shaky feeling is ridiculous

We can help Each other get through it!
    Drop me a message
    I have sent you a message.

My DP seems to be getting out of control. I cant seem to break off thinking about the spacey and odd feelings all day now. I cant think straight and it so terrifying. I know distraction would help but the feelings are so strong i find it hard to find anything to distract me long enpough. I just feel i never going to get better only worse as the longer it goes on i will never be able to break from thus horrible feeling. I trying to get councelling but waiting lists are long and dont want to pay for expensive private treatment. I live alone and these dark evenings alone in a silent house is not helping. I constantly trying to seek company and theres noone I can stay with for a while.

My girlfriend suffered DP a lot, she nips her limbs to help, don't know if that's any use.
    Don't sit in silence, switch the tv on, go to a small local pub to watch a sport if that's your thing or find something online (that's fun), games, online chat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    My girlfriend suffered DP a lot, she nips her limbs to help, don't know if that's any use.
    Don't sit in silence, switch the tv on, go to a small local pub to watch a sport if that's your thing or find something online (that's fun), games, online chat etc.
    I got the TV on and candles lit and trying to remain calm the anx and DP still very strong and totally spaced out and dixzy. Might try and get some sleep early tonight. Got to go to work in morning too!

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

I know this is probably the wrong thing to do but i am sort of using work as a distraction to my DP. I am a software engineer so that you need to concentrate to be able to code so feel might help distract from the DP symptoms. I just feel i need to get out of the house doing things rather than being on my own most of the day. I am already working part time but have had to change my working hours from next week due to a problem with my eyes which i am having treatment for. Being signed off will prob complicate things more so afraid to mention the DP.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    I got the TV on and candles lit and trying to remain calm the anx and DP still very strong and totally spaced out and dixzy. Might try and get some sleep early tonight. Got to go to work in morning too!

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

I know this is probably the wrong thing to do but i am sort of using work as a distraction to my DP. I am a software engineer so that you need to concentrate to be able to code so feel might help distract from the DP symptoms. I just feel i need to get out of the house doing things rather than being on my own most of the day. I am already working part time but have had to change my working hours from next week due to a problem with my eyes which i am having treatment for. Being signed off will prob complicate things more so afraid to mention the DP.
    I use work as a distraction from upset too. I don't thinkit's ideal, but it works for me, and you. You won't be forced out of work by it, if you're sick enough the doc will offer you a note, mine did 2 weeks ago, but I refused it with thanks, and he was pleased I did.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    I use work as a distraction from upset too. I don't thinkit's ideal, but it works for me, and you. You won't be forced out of work by it, if you're sick enough the doc will offer you a note, mine did 2 weeks ago, but I refused it with thanks, and he was pleased I did.
    Yeah I feel the best thing to do is keep busy and work def does that. I still need to be careful that the work doesnt add more stress as cant cope with it at the moment. The things that have gone wrong this week like losing bank card in ATM and getting an infection in elbow pushed up my anx though.. I have been getting out and about more rather than in front of the tv.

Feeling so exhausted all the with the DP, anx, the constant spaced out feeling and the unsteady/dizzyness. Trying to do everything as normal but it a real struggle at times and doesnt seem to be getting any easier. Having a few more hours sleep at night now but that is because I am so damn tired during the day. Going to docs on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    Feeling so exhausted all the with the DP, anx, the constant spaced out feeling and the unsteady/dizzyness. Trying to do everything as normal but it a real struggle at times and doesnt seem to be getting any easier. Having a few more hours sleep at night now but that is because I am so damn tired during the day. Going to docs on Wed.
    I think you sound an ideal candidate for anti depressants. Citalopram works well for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information