Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depersonslization and waking up

Re: Depersonslization and waking up

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    I think you sound an ideal candidate for anti depressants. Citalopram works well for me.
    Will see what Doc says next week.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Anxiety very bad tonight so DP very strong. I have always struggled with Sunday nights for a long time but since not well already it feels much worse. The dark evenings do not help.
    Last edited by StressedEric; 25-11-18 at 21:04.

Been feeling ill today so had to cancel docs app later today. I have been managing the DP the last couple of days until this pm. Back to numb mind and cant think again. Been under more stress at work and may have been caught by a mobile speed camera yesterday so anxiety is high. Not good. Back in work too tomorrow so more tension. Sigh. The battle goes on...

You need to get that doctors appointment asap.
    Don't worry about the speeding, assuming you haven't got lots of points or were going way way too fast then it'll be £100 and 3pts or £100 and a drivers course (your choice).

Have been managing the DP to a certain extent by distraction but today it been strong. Had intense pressure in head and really spaced out and trying to work as well! Working 4 days a week now and shorter days. Head pressure faded a bit late afternoon but started then to get weird headache now at the top of my head in middle. Had it all evening and still there. Worried about it being serious as doesnt seem to fit what described as tension headache which like a band around forehead. Going to try and get some sleep now and hoping it fades. Earliest appointnent to GP to talk about DP is end of month unless emergency appointnent.

Hi,
    I really feel for you. DR was always my worst symptoms and the first bout lasted for 2 years without a brake. I made it though and I am certain you can do it too. But there’s a secret around dp/dr. The more you think about it, the longer it will last. Working is very helpful for me, don’t feel guilty about it, give yourself and your mind a brake, embrace work and go with it. Accept that you have a mental illness and you probably never going to fully recover from it, unfortunately we are all looking for a magic pill and it does not exist, therefore embrace your anxiety. Acknowledge your mind feel anxious, note it, and let it go, without running away from it and indulging on it, simply watch it, cast it away and concentrate on things that give pleasure in life.
    Mindfulness and exercises are as good tools as citolapram. The difference is that once you get better, without meds, you won’t have to get off them later, but do what works for you.
    Don’t get angry with yourself, don’t fear the future. Your time is here and now, all you’ve got is the present. Keep your mind in the present, embrace this feelings, believe you will get better and with time, lots of effort and patience life will be rosy again. It’s really empowering and makes you a much stronger person. Accept that if it was given to you, you have the tools to get better, here and now. Most important, be very kind to yourself.
    Good luck and the best for your recovery. Remember it starts now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anacbn View Post
    Hi,
    I really feel for you. DR was always my worst symptoms and the first bout lasted for 2 years without a brake. I made it though and I am certain you can do it too. But there’s a secret around dp/dr. The more you think about it, the longer it will last. Working is very helpful for me, don’t feel guilty about it, give yourself and your mind a brake, embrace work and go with it. Accept that you have a mental illness and you probably never going to fully recover from it, unfortunately we are all looking for a magic pill and it does not exist, therefore embrace your anxiety. Acknowledge your mind feel anxious, note it, and let it go, without running away from it and indulging on it, simply watch it, cast it away and concentrate on things that give pleasure in life.
    Mindfulness and exercises are as good tools as citolapram. The difference is that once you get better, without meds, you won’t have to get off them later, but do what works for you.
    Don’t get angry with yourself, don’t fear the future. Your time is here and now, all you’ve got is the present. Keep your mind in the present, embrace this feelings, believe you will get better and with time, lots of effort and patience life will be rosy again. It’s really empowering and makes you a much stronger person. Accept that if it was given to you, you have the tools to get better, here and now. Most important, be very kind to yourself.
    Good luck and the best for your recovery. Remember it starts now!!!
    Thanks so much for your reply and the info and support. It reminds me that I am not alone and that there are loads of other people who have gone through and currently going through the same thing. I am guity of thinking that noone else has it this bad but obviously that is not the case. The DP is so strong particulary this week its very hard to distract from it even for a short time. I have been going to see brother some evenings to chat as I live alone and the evenings are the worst time especially the dark evenings we got now. We both enjoy the chats although have to call upon relatives to get me there every time as cant drive.

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

I also find myself comparing the depersonslization feelings now to last week and thinking god they are worse than then as could break out of it easier then and now i cant. Keep saying to myself stop doing it but its hard.

Stressed Eric, I know that could seem the worst kind of advice, you just have to get on!! I wanted to slap people when they said that to me, and thought that they didn’t really know what they were saying, that they couldn’t be feeling in that way if they said that!! But, really, this is it. You have to think:Oh well, this is the way I will feel for the foreseeable future, and one day I will feel myself again. It will not harm you physically. You are not in danger. It’s only your brain saying to you that’s on overload and needs a little while to reset. Simple like that. Again, I urge you to practice mindfulness daily. Theres an app called headspace. You have to pay for subscription but it’s worth it. Lots and lots of guided meditations. I have been doing it for the past 3 months and helped me enormously, specially to change the relationship I have with my anxiety. Not to cure it- important point here- but to accept that it’s part of me and I will do my best with it!! Happy days!!
    Another weird advice that helps me. Cleaning, it’s methodical and mind filling !!!😅. On the plus side you get a clean house! Perhaps something you could try in the evenings, together with meditation when you can’t see your brother?? Games such as where’s my water, cross words, sudoku are also good when your mind starts the thinking round about!!
    Again, please be kind to yourself,specially on bad days, remember it’s a long process you are embarking on to feel better. Too long sometimes, but only you can make it better. Don’t lose faith. All of this sh** will make you stronger. And men, when we can do it, we can do anything!! I’m happy for you to message me in here on those long worrying nights. Helping other people is also a way to help myself!! Battle on! The victory is coming for us all!!!

Eric honestly the more you focus on it, the worse it gets and the stronger it becomes.

Try and use some grounding techniques. These are things that use your senses, help you connect to your body and to the present moment, so things like feeling different textures, something rough and something soft, really focus on it. See how many different things you can hear, think about what they are, what can you smell? Citrus or other sharp smells work well for me. The same with taste and sight etc. These things are really effective.

If you find that you aren't wanting to ground yourself then you need to have a think about what uncomfortable feelings are underneath and why they might be there.

I dissociate daily and enter DP/DR states, so if you would like to talk then feel free to PM me. X

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

My anx has got considerably worse the last couple of days. I cant shift focus from it whereas before I managed it for a while. I have been putting off going to GP and trying to manage it and the DP alone but it has come to the point that I cannot manage it any more without professional help. I should have done this before it got this bad. Even writing this I finding it difficult.
    Last edited by StressedEric; 09-12-18 at 16:32.

Had a awful night last night. Tried to drive to work this morning but had to turn around and come back. Managed to get a docs appointment this morning. Not driving there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information