Thread: Just lost a friend...

Just lost a friend...

I've just recieved some sad news, a good friend of mine has sadly passed away, it happened very suddenly and out of the blue, but thankfully it would appear he did not suffer.

I've known him for just under a year, but in that short time we had become firm friends, he was an incredibly intelligent and inspiring man, who I had come to look up to and admire greatly. I'm definitely going to miss him.

That's it really, needless to say I'm not feeling too great right now..

Re: Just lost a friend...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry.....you probably feel like you don't know what to do with yourself. Your friend sounds like he made a massive impact on you in a fairly short time, and those gifts of true good human spirit, in the inspiration he passed on, will stay with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oh goodness, I'm so sorry.....you probably feel like you don't know what to do with yourself. Your friend sounds like he made a massive impact on you in a fairly short time, and those gifts of true good human spirit, in the inspiration he passed on, will stay with you.

Thank you, Carys. That's a good way of looking at it.

He was somebody who truly lived his life to the full, something I have not really been doing for the past few years, but I am more determined than ever now to change that. A shame it often takes events like these to give us that kick up the backside.

I am of the belief that whatever your religious inclinations, if any, that people live on in their actions and in the memories of others. Whatever time you spent with him, he clearly taught you a lot - and already you are taking his message on in a positive way in thinking to 'live your life to the full'. Inspiration is never lost, you will tell others, you will live your life differently and there is a ripple effect from every positive human life. I hope you take some comfort from that thought, then you know he is kind of still with you - as words and memories are never lost.

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.

I really am very sorry to hear of your loss, be comforted that he found a good friend in you and that both your lives were enriched.

Thread Information