Thread: Weird?

Question Weird?

Hey everyone, I'm 18, in college, and like to play an online game. Its a horror game, so most people who play are around my age or older, but there are sometimes kids in middle school or around that age that occasionally play too (I have no idea why their parents let them, but oh well.) I was playing today and worked together in the game with this girl, who send me a friend request after and I accepted it. We talked as we played the game, and I mentioned that I would be leaving for Thanksgiving to go back home. She asked if I was in college and I said yes. Curious, because she sounded pretty young, I asked if she was in college too. From what she said, I gathered she was around 13/14, so probably middle school. After hearing this, I felt weird even talking to her, with her being so much younger than me. Now my POCD is freaking out (intrusive thoughts), and I'm wondering if I should even play anymore, because there might be kids playing it too. I don't know, is that weird?

Re: Weird?

What does the site say in their policies? If they are fine with it, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't discuss anything age inappropriate.

Think of this, NMP has members age. We talk to them and probably won't know in some cases. Some of us will be PMing. I've had chats with members that age on here in PM where they've asked for advice on something anxiety related. I used to send a copy of the conversations to Admin just in case but in the end I stopped as they never mentioned anything. But I keep a copy of all conversations anyway which covers me.

If NMP had a rule we can't have members so young if I found out on PM someone was too young I would inform Admin. If they had a rule they can post on the forum but not PM I would inform Admin if I was contacted.

NMP does have such a rule for the pen pals section.

As for the POCD side, is it so different from talking to a child in the street or at some form of club? There is a level of hysteria in the public due to all these historic child abuse cases has left a legacy of people worried to be seen talking to kids because of what someone may think. Anxiety can use that within the context of POCD.

Thread Information