Thread: Citalopram and nausea

Citalopram and nausea

Hey!

I have taken 4 doses of Citalopram now, 20 mg on first day by accident and 10 mg the next three. I take it in the evening. On the second day I was nauseous from the morning to afternoon which I read is normal, but today I was fine the whole morning until feeling sick in the afternoon and am still feeling nauseous...this has me worried a bit. Shouldn’t nausea occur right after taking the medication and not have such a random pattern?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Citalopram and nausea

I've been on this AD for 9 weeks and still get nausea the only thing to help is ask your doctor for anti sick tablets which do help.

Hopefully, we will both be free of this horrible symptom once the tablets kick in. Only good thing I've lost some weight.

I'm 3 weeks in & still feeling nausea at all different hours of the day. It's very normal & it does pass eventually xx

I'm four months in on this round and the nausea is pretty much gone now (occasional bouts here & there still persist, but very rarely!). But in the beginning, I was nauseated almost constantly! Once the round-the-clock nausea subsided, there was no real pattern to when it would show up. So, frustrating as it is, your random nausea is "normal" and will eventually go away (though that's of small comfort now, I'm sure!).

Thread Information