Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Let us hope these Spanish bluebells are sent home as and when Brexit happens?! There'll always be an English bluebell!

Pulisa!! You've made me laugh out loud. I can picture the Spanish bluebells queuing at south coast ports.

When I was young, me and my sister used to play in what was locally known as The Bluebell Woods. Swathes and swathes of Bluebells in the springtime. All English Bluebells. I remember well, when the woods were bulldozed for a motorway. Progress eh?

This time of year, I'm generally found while walking the pooches, inspecting the blue Bluebells. English one are still here but they are getting less and less. It's sad really.

Ghost…Spillways

Buster, the story about the couple with the husband with Parkinsons reminded me of my dad.
    He also would have fits of laughter after a fall or hurting himself while I would be running to his aid with tears in my eyes. He'd just laugh more and couldn't understand why it didn't bother him and make him angry or upset? It was like he'd turned it to a child.
    Even when he froze halfway across a pedestrian crossing and stopped the traffic and cars were hooting, he'd just turn to me with a big grin on his face like he was ten years old. I was the one stressed, not him.
    Byt maybe that was his way with coping with it.
    I know anxiety doesn't like to be laughed at and I have done that a few times.
    So maybe laughter could be the cure?

Oh Buster I love your posts so much.

Your beach hut is awesome even if it is a tad land locked, I wish I had the skills to do stuff like that.

I bet your brother really appreciated getting a break. It is so hard watching someone you love.

The story about the ebikes is brilliant. It is something that I have thought of getting but I got myself so confused whilst researching that I gave up.

Keep up the great work of amusing us, you are amazing.

Elen

I think Elen summed you up pretty well there Buster

Thanks guys , it made me well up to read your posts you are so sweet and the fact that someone is reading my thread means I’m not talking to myself which we all know is the second sign of madness , the first being naked in the supermarket freezer isle .im in good company on here .
    Darksky there is also a Bluebell wood near me right next to the motorway , it looks magical a sea of blue , strange that bluebells seem to grow in places called bluebell wood , what are the chances of that ?
    Do you think that was his Parkinson’s that made him just lay there laughing because his wife was laughing just as much and he did joke he’d have to get up before the bus came along , she sent me message today thanking me for being helpful and said he fallen off four times but they live in a park home so no cars and plenty of grass , I sent back a link for elbow and knee pads .
    My van is in for a clutch today , a few years ago I’d have done it myself but now I’d probably crawl under it and fall asleep , I’m really wearing myself out trying to be omnipresent, hoping to get down the coast again soon ,I think I’ll bring back a jam jar of sea water and one of sand to put outside my beach hut , would it be wrong to take Derick ? I had this idea of strapping him to the roof rack and take him around taking photos in different destinations, a dummies guide to Britain with free copy of a dummies guide to anxiety .
    There was a brief time that anxiety ( and meds ) took away my ability to laugh , smile or take any joy from life and I thought those emotions were gone forever like my fringe ,but things can get better , even on real dark days I seem to find somthing to laugh about sometimes even mid panic attack .
    Some things in life are bad , they can make you really mad , some things can make you swear and curse,
    when you’re chewing on life’s gwistle don’t gwumble give a whistle , and thisle make things turn out for then best ,always look on the bright side of life , di da di da di da di da .

I'm not sure Buster, it may be a case of having a drink or two of the hard stuff.
    Well you would wouldn't you?

I think that's a great idea for Derick. See how many famous places you can get his photo taken at.

I hope your problem is working itself out. <<<Bluebells (English ones)

Ghost…Spillways

Really unhappy with myself tonight, this problem I have no idea how to resolve is still playing on my mind and things are still not good between me and my partner , one day things are ok the next we argue about anything and really grate on each other , last night she said she wasted her life being with me and can’t be with me anymore .
    we both have mental health problems but in very different ways , she says she’s anxious and takes diazepam everyday but I seem to take it to a much higher level , today I spoke to someone we both know and they started asking about a party my partner has planned for her birthday next year , just the thought of it even a year away made me feel sick , her idea is to hire a pub and invite loads of people , the worst part for me is she’s inviting all my old mates non of who know how I am now so they will expect to get hammered , i mentioned it tonight and she went up the wall saying how selfish I am and how I’m ruining her idea of a party , I agree it’s real shit of me not looking forward to it and being happy , thing is I have no control over my thoughts , it ends up like a stuck record going over and over how bad it could be .
    She deserves to be happy and do the things she wants to , I know I’m just making her unhappy and she would be better off without me , anxiety is controlling everything in my life , it’s stopping me being the man I want to be and at times I despise the man I’ve become , everyday I have to act normal while feeling anything but .
    Why does anxiety have to suck the fun out of every part of your life , I was feeling quite good this week I’ve met some lovely people had some nice comments on here , it made me feel good about humanity there are good people out there but I don’t feel I’m one of them .
    I desperately want to start enjoying life again for people around me but I don’t know where to start or if it’s just too late .
    Sorry if this post is a bit self pitying , I’ll try come back in a better frame of mind next time .
    Take care .

Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread Information