Hi there , thank you yes I’ll be hitting the big 50 tomorrow, I would rather be spending it down the coast dipping my toes in the sea but although I’ve been tempted I know it will not be the same with everything closed and nowhere to park , I have my beach hut down the garden which now boasts a new bed and big tv , Derick has been very quiet since lockdown I think Covid may be worrying him more than he’s letting on , some days he doesn’t say a single word .
So my initial panic of catching and dying of covid has calmed I worry more about my family’s health than my own , the other day I had a chat ( 6ft apart ) with a black chap I met walking the dogs as usual covid comes up , I pointed out he was black I have asthma and we’ve both eaten a few too many pies so we are both f**ked if we catch it , we laughed and went on our way avoiding zombies , further along I spoke to another dog walker I know ( pet hate for Carnation coming ) he said “ hi you’ve lost weight I can tell , have you been ill ? Are you ill ? “ I just laughed and said “ f**k that was nearly a compliment then you ruined it “ it’s a weird new world .
point of case today was an old friend’s funeral but instead of going we lined the street were he worked and waited for the funeral cars , I tried to stand in the shade but a woman went nuts for standing a touch too close , I’d say I was about 5 ft away but she insisted I go past her and stand 6ft away even though she could easily have move away an extra ft and me walking past meant getting closer , I wasn’t fussed in the slightest and was tempted to tell her to f**k right off but I was there to pay my respects , the cars pulled up and not knowing what to do everyone started to clap and a chap got out and played the trumpet ( badly but we’ll let that pass ) it was very moving .
I havent given up on up on this place I just found it combined with the news and people in general a bit of a coverload, I don’t watch the numbers each day anymore , just every now and then to see what lies the Mp’s can try and sell us that day , I have plenty of problems right at home I don’t need to go out to find more .
So 50 tomorrow and what I can say to the younger people on here is that I first experience anxiety when I was seventeen and thought life was over , It wasn’t and since then I’ve had a lot of fun , two kids and two grandkids so stick with it life can get better .
Hope you lot are doing ok , Take care x