Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Aw Buster I am so sorry about your daughters dog. Fish is right, if folks don't have pets they really don't understand. My old girl is 14... it's coming but I dread it
    The shower is the very best place to cry, done it loads.

Can you actually get fed up of chocolate? Yes I do believe you can. I am craving savoury food, proper meals and I'm in no rush to see chocolate, biscuits or cake for a long time.

All the very best to you Buster for New Year and the same wishes for you too Fishman if you pop by.

Ghost…Spillways

Buster, I not on much. I am so sorry about the loss of the fur baby, mine is getting up in age she is nine years old and I have had her since she was three months old. I am happy to seer you are doing somewhat better. Happy new year to you.

Hi guys / gals , it’s been a while and I’m due for a moan ,so far this year has been shite , I’ve had one good day so far and that was a day at the coast , we drove 100 miles to have fish and chips by the sea and it was well worth it I felt happy and relaxed and on the way home we saw a murmuration of starlings which was quite magical and surreal.
    Other than that one day it’s been a pile of poop , dog cremation day was tough , a few days later my grandson was taken into hospital, next on the shit list my daughter had yet another bust up with her bf , he was in a real state and I was so concerned for his safety I brought him back to ours to make sure he was ok , he doesn’t do himself any favours but my daughter has been pretty rotten to him as well since she got ill, so he’s told us he feels suicidal and we said he could stay a few days as my daughter wanted some space , two weeks later he’s still living in my shed ( with their dog ) and now costing us money and stopping me using my shed to work in when it’s too cold and dark to work outside , I’ve had a talk to him about him moving to his mums but he doesn’t seem to take the hint and I’m worried about upsetting him more but on the other hand he’s not our responsibility and it does grind on me that I’m out working and he’s laying in bed with the heating on full blast .
    Next on the shit list , partner has had a chest infection followed by an ear infection which may be an abscess she is also going through the menopause , hot flushes , sweating, doors open when it’s bloody freezing and moods ( the joys of being a woman ) .
    And last but not least this afternoon while walking the dog we found an injured swan in some bushes , it clearly had a broken wing but we had the dogs and couldn’t get through to it , so we rang the RSPCA for over an hour and tried to get help through Facebook , we took the dogs home by which time it was getting dark and we knew the foxes would have it , so we went back with a blanket and torch to fetch it , a woman at a swan sanctuary said she’d fetch it if we got it home , after a muddy trek in the dark and breaking through the bushes I found the swan had died , it hadn’t been had by the foxes it just passed away , I know it’s natures way but I couldn’t get the image of it’s head laying on its body out of my head , I just weep at anything these days maybe I’m having a menopause.
    So treading on eggshells around everyone not wanting to upset anyone for fear of what they might do , the constant worry is making me ill, I go about my daily business making people laugh but inside my heart I’m crying and in my head I’m screaming for it to stop .
    Am I overreacting? Probably, I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore .
    One day I’ll come on here say all is good in the world and you’ll panic I’ve been taken over by aliens .

Nice to hear from you Buster
    It does seem like your life goes around in circles.
    But you keep going.

Some things you see, you just can't unsee. I'm the same, it's always to do with animals. I hate it. but it just proves what a compassionate person you are. If we can care for each and every creature smaller and more vulnerable than us, then I reckon that makes us great humans.
    You are not alone Buster, 2020 is shaping up sh@t for me too. Just how much can go wrong? Bad luck is not a permanent thing. Everything evens itself out.
    Not sure whether this pep talk is for you or me. But we'll get through. Chin up mate

Ghost…Spillways

Thanks , I’m not sure what to do for the best right now , I don’t want to be too harsh and regret my actions but constantly keeping my mouth shut to keep the peace makes me feel depressed and I don’t want to feel I’m being taken for a mug .
    Ive discovered talking to old people when I deal with them calms me so I’ve decided to kidnap one and keep them in the shed ( that’s legal right ? ) half an hour each morning instead of a diazepam must be more healthy, first I need to find a way to to move out the young squatter who quite clearly my daughter has decided he’s better with us that her , unless someone on here has an oldie they’d do a swap for or part exchange , I do have my mother but it’s not the same when you have to worry about them .
    Sorry you are not having the happy new year that was promised Darksky and Carnation I know yours is never an easy path .
    I feel more and more lately that I don’t fit in or belong anywhere , not quite this and not quite that , even on here I’m a nut in a bag full of screws .
    Catch you on the flip side .��

I've never been one to fit in Buster, even at home, lol.

Isn't it strange how you do someone a favour and it comes back to bite you on the bum.
    About 12 year ago, we gave our spare bedroom to a bloke we knew who had walked out on his wife. Temporary like yourself Buster.
    Well the wife was throwing abuse at us for taking sides and when they made up about 2 weeks later they blamed us for the split.
    So it's not just you Buster.
    It seems if you are the soft, caring type, you are also a target for blame!
    Personally, you'll have to give this adopted ex. boyfriend, (that sounds really iffy) a deadline, (don't read anything into that either).
    By the way, is this the daughter and boyfriend who didn't want you for Christmas Day?
    Despite that, you are not doing him any favours, let alone yourself or family, as you might affect you and your daughter's relationship, let alone your wife.
    Sounds hard, does it, but you have to look at the bigger picture Buster. It's not only 'Dogs are for Life'.
    It's not a healthy long term situation Buster, so put your thinking cap on.

To be honest carnation it’s no longer the biggest problem , I sat and had a chat with him and he does appreciate what we’ve done and knows he’s got to move on , he would have happily spent Christmas with us it was my daughters who made other arrangements.
    Tomorrow we should be heading to the coast , we have a b&b booked and paid for , we both need a break and we both love the place , unfortunately it doesn’t look likely now , all week partner has gone on about it even though I said don’t because something will go wrong, yesterday she had to go to the hospital to have an abscess drained in her ear , she didn’t want me to go so went with her health visitor , since she got back she’s so pissed off at me for not asking if she was ok about going,this quickly turned into a row about me not caring , all day I’ve tried to convince her I do care but I get wrapped up in my own problems, I don’t always notice when she’s worried , she doesn’t want to go away now so yet another dream smashed ,in my head I’d planned every bit of the weekend treating her and trying to make her happy , instead I’m sat down a dark lane a the airport alone watching planes come and go .
    At home I have a partner who’s attempted suicide several times ,a daughter who very nearly died from an overdose, a lad in the shed who’s said serval times he doesn’t want to live and now it seems it’s catching I just don’t want to live like this anymore , i cant control any aspect of my life which frustrates me so much I get an inner rage that makes me want to take drastic actions , I’ve come so close but I guess if i was going to do it I already would have ( another plane has just landed I wonder where it’s been ).
    I have no idea what will greet me when I go back , family can’t live with em can’t live without em .
    Ive got so many plans that I think of when I’m struggling with life but it seems they are just pipe dreams that will never happen.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Carnation, catch you later .

Buster, You are sensitive and that can be a curse as well as blessing.
    You also look into things too much.
    You are not the first or last couple to have a row, cancel a trip or get told off for not saying the right thing.
    In fact the weekend will be dreadful with this storm, so you'd probably would have cancelled anyway.
    Buster, it's Valentines Day tomorrow which means a good opportunity for making up. Because I know you will makeup at some opportunity and tomorrow is a good opportunity to do that.
    So brush yourself down, wipe those tears and hold your head up high. You are still the man of the house.

It's one thing after another Buster isn't it? Sometimes it does indeed feel like you are drowning. Today we have been trying to get hold of my mother. Ringing, ringing, no answer. Son went round twice, couldn't raise her. So me and MrD shot round tonight and there she was, totally oblivious of the panic she'd caused. Her hearing aid is crap.

This following a flood, several fences down and today electric problems we can't sort ourselves. Plus MrD is in Day surgery tomorrow under GA for a polyp removal.. Honest to God, I really feel,like screaming.
    He woke this morning with a sore throat and a cough so he's terrified they will cancel on him cos of the GA. It's been dragging on for months as it is.
    So yes, I feel for you Buster, me old mate. Life is doling out the crap at the moment but we will get through it. We always have an inner steel that never quite buckles under the strain.

As Mrs.C says it's Valentine's Day tomorrow. You have got a card and flowers haven't you? If not get round to that petrol station that men run to when they've forgotten important dates

Ghost…Spillways

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread Information