Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

I agreed with the above. She has somewhere to go. You and the dogs should get to remain where you are.

At least get yourself wrapped up in as many blankets and towels as you can.

Well last night was a nightmare , I chose the coldest night this year to camp out , first place I camped up turned out to be a teenage boy racer meet up place ( why do teens shout so much ) moved to a quiet lane and Christ it got cold , I went for long walk after watching the sun go down and I had some very dark thoughts about it being the last sunset I'd be seeing , laying in the van in my makeshift bed with no heating in below zero thought I can't get any lower Ive hit rock bottom , an hour later I turned over and my bed collapsed turned out I could go lower . 6 o'clock and I couldn't take the cold anymore so I thought go for a drive to get warm , the van doors had frozen shut and the windows had frost on the inside.
    The rest of my day wasn't so bad , took my van for an mot ( we all hate them right ) it passed first time I could have kissed the mot tester ( I hadn't shaved or washed so didn't think he'd appreciate it ) ,went to see my mother and she actually got up by herself and walked which she hasn't been doing , got a text from uncle asking to pick him up from hospital which Ive done this evening he's had a stent fitted and needs another but he's alive and now home , I also tidied up my lockup and weighed in the scrap which paid for the mot , not sure what me and partner are going to do but I'm going back home , we definitely need some time apart but not that way , it wasn't all good the cold didn't do my asthma any good so I've had to use my blue easystart puffer a few times today which sent me into a total panic in Asda , why is it when you start to panic in a supermarket everyone seems to go in slow motion and won't bloody let you get out .
    So in all could be worse .
    I'll have to decline the cold shower thing for now as I had pretty much a nine hour one last night , I really did think I was going to freeze , my eyeballs felt cold not to mention the other two that disappeared.
    Got through it , the sun did rise and set again .
    Take care all . Thanks

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

In the name of the Wee Blighter! Get back to your home and pets, Buster, and pack your masochistic antics in forthwith. Any lower and you'll be six ft under!

I trust you will resolve things. I don't get impression partner will last long without you and maybe some time apart will make her see sense. But it's your home too and if she's not happy, she should be the one to leave, not you.

Never Surrender, Comrade

So glad to hear you're going home. It's supposed to be even colder tonight...-5 round here.
    Whatever happens with your partner, you cannot cure it by making yourself ill. Great news that your uncles home and your mum is more mobile. i know too well the worry that elderly relatives bring, it hits you deep in the stomach.
    Glad to see snippets of humour too Buster, even after freezing your ar@e off all night you can still make me smile.
    Hope tonight is 100 times better than last. Keep warm.

Pleased to hear you are getting your butt back home in a warmer place Buster.
    Remarkably, you even had some positives today.

Buster, please look after yourself mate. I really do wish your partner would appreciate that she could do a hell of a lot worse than you. But with this weather as cold as it is, outside in a van is no place to be. Take good care buddy, a blokey hug for ya

I know it probably seems im a sucker for punishment, who knows why we do the things we do maybe that path is set out and the choices we think we make are already made for us , anyway im back home , got in bed alone last night and couldn't keep my eyes open after the night before , I nodded off and had a lovely dream I was standing on a river bank with a can of beer in hand looking at the scenery, I was rudely awoken by a very cold feeling on my side , I'd fallen asleep with a glass of water in hand and it was now pouring out ( this is not a story about adult bed wetting , well technically it is ) so I ended up sleeping on a towel , God really is mad at me possibly because I said he was a cock , so this morning I told my sorry tale to my granddaughter on the way to school , she said " that's nothing the other night I dreamt someone was tickling me and a bit of wee came out " I just p**sed myself , not literally, the day she stops making me laugh is the day I'm really in trouble .
    Today wasn't easy the stress of the previous days has left me exhausted but I carried on regardless and didn't let it change my plans .
    In the bathroom tonight I saw an old tired man looking at me through the window , I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back so I stuck two fingers up and he did the same , I laughed turned away and I'm pretty sure he did the same , I guess he'll be back there tomorrow perhaps he wont look so tired .
    You would say if I was acting odd right ? You're always the last to know when you've lost the plot.
    Take care .
    Last edited by Buster70; 18-01-19 at 21:17.

I don't think asking us lot on here whether you've lost the plot is necessarily the way forward. It's s bit, pot calling kettle black

Just wondering how you are today Buster?, did you get some good sleep and looking after yourself...
    A lot of people are reading your posts, and even if we don't always message we do care what happens to you .
    Hope you are doing ok

Thanks for asking , today was an unusual day but mine usually are ,it's was a better day and by now you guys know I have bad days but I get back up .
    So today was supposed to be a day of rest with no stressing , partner is in a lot of pain so up and down .
    Today I picked up a 92 year old woman and got a hug from a lesbian, both firsts for me , I will elaborate if you have no paint to watch drying , next door neighbour is 92 and house bound , she has carer's come each day , we heard her panic alarm going and could hear voices we went round and found her on the floor , she'd fell off her walking frame and couldn't get up , the paramedics were on the panic phone thingy and said they'd be a long time , so I asked if she had pain or felt she'd done any damage and she said no and kept apologising, I said there is no age limit on falling over and if she was ok with it I'd pick her up and take her into the other room to her bed , so we did and all went well , she was embarrassed but thankful.
    Later I saw my cousin and husband I the supermarket he said he'd lost his dad this week , we had a chat and a laugh and I went home , I get home and park outside a neighbour's, parking is tight to say the least , two lesbian neighbour's come out and I think they are going to ask me to move , they ask can I help them , it's not about parking their dog died last night and they asked me if I help put it in a car to take it to be cremated , I said yes of course and even though I dont really know them seeing them crying and kissing the dog good bye was heart breaking having lost mine a couple of years ago , so the pooch was put in the car for his last journey and she gave me a hug , I said I'd got to go before I started blubbing but too late , I shot in the house gave my dogs some fuss and dried my tears .
    Thing is it might sound a shite day but helping someone in need when there is sod all in it for you is a good feeling , anxiety can make you extremely selfish , for those looking for a reason in life which I have many times just helping someone else can be reason enough .
    And God if you exist and are reading this are we quits yet ? Is it coincidence god is dog backwards umm I think not .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buster70; 19-01-19 at 22:02.

Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information