Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Matt, you need more of these.........

Lynyrd Skynyrd simple man is a classic.

Lynyrd Skynyrd in my personal opinion wrote two of the greatest ever rock tracks Free Bird, The Needle and the Spoon and Sweet Home Alabama has got to be up there. Another song by them that's way up in my chill out tunes would be Tuesdays Gone. Check it out Buster.

Buster

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

If you do listen to Tuesdays Gone Buster, when the piano kicks in it's just a gorgeous track
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 27-11-18 at 01:00.

I must have been on planet Zorro yesterday.
    The hugs for Matt we're for his other thread.
    Buster, you must be thinking, why has Matt got hugs, when it is my thread?!?!?
    Not that you don't get them either.

Buster, I hope you are feeling a bit more settled?

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Matt, 'Freebird' is my partners all time favourite track.
    He is also a big fan of 'Danny Gaton'. Worth a watch on YouTube.

Feel free to send Matt hugs on this thread what's mine is yours and he could probably do with some hugs although there are some rules regarding any man hugs ,
    First rule of man hugs we don't talk about man hugs
    Second rule of man hugs we stand at arms length apart to avoid any tackle bumping
    Third rule of man hugs no eye contact before , during and for five minutes after
    Fourth rule of man hugs we talk about football , cars or motorbikes afterwards
    I you tubed lynyrd skynyrd Tuesdays gone and really liked it , been a fan of free bird since hearing it on forest gump years ago , so listened to the track on you tube then oooppps I scrolled down and saw Metallica Tuesdays gone , you know where this is going I thought their cover was even better , is that a sin ? Am I going to hell ? Well it's going on my MP3 .
    Today was somehow easier to cope with , roofers had gone and left more nails , daughter text to say she had a puncture, took mum to doctors and her appointment was 1 hour 50 mins late we were just walking out when the doc ran out and fetched us back apologising ( they don't like it when you're late ) and daughter's new roof leaks , but some days you can take it some you can't , today I could
    I'm open to any suggestions on music excluding cliff Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I must have been on planet Zorro yesterday.
    The hugs for Matt we're for his other thread.
    Buster, you must be thinking, why has Matt got hugs, when it is my thread?!?!?
    Not that you don't get them either.

Buster, I hope you are feeling a bit more settled?

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Matt, 'Freebird' is my partners all time favourite track.
    He is also a big fan of 'Danny Gaton'. Worth a watch on YouTube.

Free Bird is timeless. Always up there in the greatest ever rock tracks.

I will check out Danny Gatton. Thanks

Thanks Buster.
    I'm with you on the 'Cliff Richard' choice.

Just checking to see if you are ok Buster?

I don't have much advice to give Buster, but just want to send my love. <3 Xxx

Hi carnation, thanks for asking , I have t been doing too good lately I have a site miss for a few days as I'd got nothing good to say , anyway now I have somthing to say and somthing to ask , here goes , I've had asthma and anxiety for years and their is a blurred line between the two , for the last two and a half years I've had trouble breathing on a daily basis it's taken over my life , Ive spent so much time searching for the reason is it asthma, reflux , allergy to my dog who we got around the time it started or could it be anxiety? .
    Since my mum went in hospital my anxiety has spiked and the breathing trouble has got much worse , it starts as soon as I wake up a tightness in my throat and chest , I can feel and hear wheezing from my throat , walking my dogs can be a nightmare where my chest hurts and I struggle to breathe but if I check my peak flow when I get home it's usualy normal .
    This week has been really bad all day everyday concentrating on my breathing , it's exhausting and soul destroying, this brings us up to today , it started the same woke up struggling to breathe , walked the dogs with the usual iron band around my chest , suffocating feeling and throat wheezing all day , then this evening was my grandkids school fair , I knew I couldn't go I could barely breathe and felt like I was dying so I just agreed to drive them there , when I pulled up at the school I thought f**k it Ive have had enough and went in , i don't want to miss out on their childhood for some weird reason they adore me which I don't feel I deserve, I wasn't that anxious in a packed hall of kids and parents , afterwards I said let's go drive around and see the Christmas lights , I told the kids the rules when you see nice lights you have to shout oooohhh and the next lot shout aaaahhhhhh , we all had a lovely time laughing and shouting , they didn't want to go home , when I got home I realised I was breathing normally for the first time this week with no tightness .
    So the question can anxiety really be so cruel and powerful as to make me feel this way for over two years , I have asthma but I haven't been in hospital with it in over ten years .
    I'm either really ill and about to die or really mental and need a kick up the ar*e .
    I suppose the only sure way is to have full autopsy on my internal organs have them all laid out and checked for disease then popped back in and electricity sent through the bolts in my neck to bring me back , this would need to be repeated once a month as my broken mind starts to think they may have missed somthing.
    Or I'm open to other suggestions.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Thanks Em just saw that post , hugs right back at ya .

Ahhhh, the never ending questions we ask ourselves and others when we don't feel so good and have to know the root of the problem.
    Yes, we know anxiety can cause breathing problems, do does stress, poor air, high humidity, fear and of course asthma and allergies.
    My x hubby suffered with asthma and dog hairs did make it worse and so did stress.
    And anxiety stress does the same thing.
    In both cases, if you feed your brain with happy things, the breathing difficulties seem to fade away, which is probably why you felt better driving around with the kids admiring the lights.
    So I suppose the answer is to try and fill your day with as much good stuff as you can. Not always easy, but it helps.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information