Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Buster, there is one thing sure to cheer me up and that's reading your posts. It's because I realise there really is someone worse off than me It just so happens I have an anchor right here, I'll post it on. Just one thing though, are you sure they were snowdrops in the wood because they're very late.

The beach hut is fab Buster, but you have to name it.
    Derrick looks a bit iffy, maybe some beach attire might soften his scary glare.

Brilliant beach hut .

Thanks for the comments on the beach hut , me and the grandkids are sleeping out in it soon , it has a bed and tv , I’ll be on the floor with the spiders , how about Hope villa ? I was going to just dress Derick in a mankini on a surf board but he’s got to earn his keep protecting my stuff , when the security light comes on the scumbag burglars see Mr D and run .
    You could well be right Fish I’m no expert on flowers , other dog walkers try to educate me on wildlife but it goes in one ear and out of the other probably why the council kicked me off my allotment after my dad died , that and the reliant robin I burnt on there which the fire brigade had to put out , oooopps .
    At my mums tonight my bro isn’t coping very well with living with her 24/7 which I totally understand, so he’s took his GF out and I’m baby sitting , she’s really not doing very well and I’m not under any illusions about her health she’s not getting better but we’ve had a nice chat about her and my dad when they were young things I didn’t know and watched some programs together , she rembers lots from years ago but nothing from the present , I am worrying myself sick mainly about my bro , she’s nodded off now , bloody hell she has this house hotter than hell in a heat wave, having asthma it’s a bit scary but trying not to freak out , it like winter outside again.
    Just realised my mum knows all the flowers shall I wake her up and ask ?
    ohh and one more thing ( like columbo) now I have no sense of smell will Dandelions still make me wee the bed if I sniff them ? Nature is so complicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buster70; 27-04-19 at 23:57. Reason: Stupidity ,ignorance and heat stroke

Hi Buster, I think the white flowers in the picture are also bluebells. Snowdrops should have been finished by now. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    What you could do with now are some seaside plants around your beach hut.
    Obviously sand would be better, then you'd get the real feel. 'Hope' is a brilliant name.
    It's a brilliant idea of yours and just perfect for your down days. I can just imagine you sitting in it looking out with the sounds of 'Wouldn't it be nice' by the Beach Boys.

With your mum and bro. I can't lie. It is hard. You know I've been there 3 times over. And you holding the fort while your brother takes a breather will mean the world to him.
    There are voluntary groups that will do that too and day centres that will pick your mum up by bus and take her for the day, no matter how bad her mind is or physical disability. It might be an idea you let your bro take a couple of days away somewhere and that will allow him to rejuvenate. I know my o/h would have appreciated it from his Bro when he was in that situation, but he never offered, not in 8 years! Just a thought. And don't forget your trip to the real seaside.

Derick in a mankini.....see what you've done now...all I can see is Borat in his I need to go and bleach my eyes.

They are definately Bluebells, Carnation. They are Spanish Bluebells, which are white, pink or blue. The native English Bluebell is getting rarer thanks to the spread of the Spanish ones. A bit like the red and grey squirrel. Dandelions only make you wee the bed if you actually pick them Buster....well that's what the milkman told me when he saw me with a bunch of them. I was about five at the time, this didn't happen last week I hasten to add.

its hard being the permanent carer of an elderly relative. When my mother broke her hip and had sepsis last year, my sister, who she lives with, bore the brunt of day to day life. We did what we could in the way of shopping, cooking batches of meals, washing etc but are a good car ride away. She came from hospital with bedsores which had to be dealt with,plus medication to sort her reflux which was trial and error, some gave her the trots, which again, because she couldn't move fast, caused its own problems as you can imagine. My sister was exhausted by it all, so I'm sure your brother really appreciates the time you are giving him and apart from the tropical atmosphere in the house ( why do they insist on boiling point) spending time with her must be nice for you. Has she got any old photos to go through. We get them out and look through them with our mother. She looks at them and smiles quietly. There are some shockers of me but hey ho.
    it gives us a good laugh. Long gone people and long gone pets, it sounds depressing but it really isn't. They treasure the past because their future is unfortunately limited in time.

how about dressing Derick in a pair of your old thongs Buster...those skin coloured ones that got you arrested for public indecency last summer.

Ghost…Spillways

See this is why I shouldn’t be allowed out near nature , it’s a good job I didn’t move to oz as a kid like my dad wanted , I’d be dead by now , at least our nature is pretty harmless , white Bluebells ? I talk to a woman dog walker who loves to point out every bird , I said I’d put up a bird feeder and it had lots of yellow tits on it , she said “ I doubt they were yellow tits what colour were they ?” “Yellow “ I said “ yeah they’re Blue tits “ WTF ? Who named all this stuff Stevie Wonder ? .now I think about it I can picture a snowdrop and these were shaped like Bluebells , all I know is in a sea of nettles they looked kind of nice , a bit like anxiety everything looks like it will hurt you so you miss the good things .
    I know what you mean about bleaching your eyes Darksky, I once saw a photo of Peter stringfellow in budgie smuggglers , you cant unsee that shite , sorry if I just replaced Borat with something much worse .
    I did enjoy my time last night with my mum , has to check the back of the van for zombies before I drove home at 1 o’clock , the situation is much worse than I can post on here , or potentially, there is no aspect of it that is simple , last night was bitter sweet and I have said anytime he wants to go out I’ll go round , being brothers we dont talk about the important things we weren’t brought up that way , my Grandad was a monster to my dad and my dad wasn’t around much so communication isn’t our strong point , I guess we all try to be better parents than ours were .
    Toodle pip .

Trivia alert..Did you know that a dandelion is a pissenlit in French?

That’s just the sort of trivia that made people vote for brexit , that and the promise that the channel tunnel would be filled with deodorant and a giant cork put in our end , another little known fact is that drinking dandelion and burdock before bed is a sure way of waking up in a shameful puddle , I once drank four litres before bed and did indeed have to hide my pj’s in the morning , evidence enough , at least they allowed you back into the county pulisa I thought you might be in a foreign jail on public order offences
    I sometimes think if I had a body cam people would watch my odd day to day life , take today a couple cake to buy two Ebikes off me , they turned up quite a posh sounding couple in I’d say mid sixties , we got chatting while I demonstrated the bikes , the chap had Parkinson’s and had balance problems his wife also had health issues , so she has a go and with a bit of a wobble did ok , then husbands go , he got on and straight away nearly fell off , I jumped to steady him but his wife laughed it off and he had another go at setting off , this time he rode wobbling towards parked cars , I seemed the only one concerned for his safety, anyway the motor kicks in and he flys off down the road , as he turns to come back he falls off and face plants on the road , I go running up to help him up and his wife followed, we get to him and he just lays there laughing and said just “let me lay here a minute” , his wife laughs and said “ he needs to get up on his own “ , back on his feet , he laughs “ well that didn’t put me off let’s have another go “ , this went on for some time and we all had a good laugh about the situation, while counting the money she asks if he’s cut his leg , he says “ just a graze “ then in a cheeky manner she says “ would you like me to rub some cream on it later ? “ , still counting I say “ right I’m zoning out into a happy place while you two talk dirty , those two were the happiest funniest couple I’ve met in a long time and considering his illness you wouldn’t expect it .
    later in the post office I stood behind a neighbour she was on a walking frame after a stroke she moves very slowly, she was apologising to the cashier for taking so long , so not wanting to make her feel more awkward I said “ come on chop chop get a move on “ she couldn’t turn but said “ who’s that “ I popped round and she laughed and we had a chat , i then asked the cashier if there was anything she wouldn’t do for cake , she said “ depends how big a slice “ “ half a cake “ I said and she go’s “ well then anything “ “ right I’ll be back later with a half a cake I want my van washing “ .
    It seems no matter what the illness sometimes you can be laughing in the moment and forget just briefly how crap you feel , none of these people knew I had an illness tucked away in my head , it wasn’t really worth mentioning .
    Take care all you wonderful Weirdo’s

Pissenlit Pulisa? That sounds painful Buster that sounds great what you're doing for your brother, even just the simple things will make a lot of difference and it says to him 'you're not alone'. Yep snowdrops are in full bloom by about mid February but gone over by early to mid April.

Darksky, the other Sunday I went for a long walk along country lanes just out of town and saw patches of Spanish bluebells growing along the grass verges. I'm thinking people have either dumped/planted them there. There is indeed a real danger the English bluebells will become extinct through hybridisation and when you see Spanish ones growing in the wild, it feels like the battle is already lost?

Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information