Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

At least you made the effort. I couldn't be bothered to even buy a pumpkin. Still we don't get any trick or treaters out here.

i have heard fireworks for several nights now. Fortunately my old dog, who doesn't like bangs has become as deaf as a post, so she can't hear them. The other two, couldn't give a monkeys. Trouble is, it's going to go on for weeks isn't it. Gone are the days when it was just the 5th. I did hear, don't know if it's true or not, that Sainsbury's weren't selling fireworks to the public this year because of the problems they cause animals.

Ghost…Spillways

If you’d seen the fiasco of getting Derick to the street from the back garden you’d have laughed so much you would have had to go home and change your knickers, the only way to move a 6’6 booted dummy is arms around his waist big hug and lift , going past the line post his leg fell off and still attached by his trousers the boot hooked on the post , not able to go forward it became a tug of war with one of us swearing at the other to let go of the f**king post ( he said nothing and neither did the curtain twitching neighbours) this was the point where his arm came off , in hindsight I should have done this after dark , duct tape and a re dress he was good as new .
    The reason I do this shite is escapism from my own private hell , I sometimes do something odd just to have a little chuckle to myself.
    So partner is no better and in her usual style cleaning the house top to bottom , looking after the dogs , kids , anyone but herself , I worry myself sick about her but let’s face it this helps no one , the little black dog has been following me around trying to get it’s paw in the door , it’s not easy to keep it away but I have happy photos and videos on my phone to try and keep it at bay .
    The road to nowhere , great song I’m a bit more road to hell right now but we live in hope , maybe next year I’ll get that bigger camper done and be off on the road to nowhere in particular.
    Fireworks all bloody night while I’ve been trying to lose myself in a binge of peaky blinders , being cruel to be kind with the dog just ignoring her , any attention just makes her worse, soon be done then they can start buying fireworks for Christmas and new year , ooops said the c word .
    Happy brexmas .

Your post made me smile and remembering the days when we had cracker night,all the street would collect driftwood and build a big bonfire on the beach(you can’t do that now)everyone let the crackers off and we used to make a stuffed figure,usually something like a scarecrow and blow the the crap out of it.Our Government banned them years ago.
    I was playing some Talking Heads songs today,The Road to Nowhere was one of them.
    Sorry for butting in your post.

Did you do the dance that goes with it Quinn?

Buster, only stuff like that could happen to you.
    Do you think you might be Norman Wisdom reincarnated?

As for your partner, I'm a bit like that. It's a female thing.
    Could be in bed with the flu one day, next day on my hands and knees scrubbing the loo.
    What's Derricks plans for Christmas Buster?

I have two left feet Carnation

Bingeing on Peaky Blinders eh? Hang on, me and Mrs. C are on our way round

youre right about your dog, fuss and attention does make them worse. You have to act as if everything's normal which is a bit difficult when it sounds like a re enactment of WW1 is going on outside. I personally think they shouldn't sell them to the public but maybe I'm a misery. I just think of all the terrified animals who don't understand what the hells going on.

I wish I could have seen you manhandling Derek up the garden path. What a farce. But there's nothing wrong with escapism. Whatever gets you through the night......there's another song

Ghost…Spillways

Quinn our local town bonfire and fireworks have been cancelled this year probably for a very different reason to yours down under , our park is two feet under water as are most of the surrounding fields , the rivers have burst their banks yet only a month ago they said their was officially a drought and we needed the right sort of rain .
    I saw today Asda are going to sell silent fireworks , I’m all for a firework display but not every night for two weeks .
    Over did it last night with peaky blinders , 4 hours straight is too much I couldn’t sleep after and then the police helicopter was above the house in the early hours ( nothing I’d done ) sooo tired today .
    Are you asking if Derick can come to yours for Christmas dinner Carnation? You would have to fetch him and open your car sunroof , unfortunately he doesn’t bend at the hip or knees so getting him from A to B can be problematic.
    Right on my own again so it’s peaky time , nearly done with series 4 .
    Ta ta .

Buster,
    Derick would probably have more life in him than me if he came to mine for Christmas.
    And he definitely not having my sofa.
    Maybe Derick could stand in the next election. After all, standing seems like the only thing he can do and his stiffness will fit in nicely.

Yeah, me and Darksky like a bit of 'Peaky Blinders'.
    Now, Tom Shelby could come to dinner anytime.
    Mr C just recently got himself a Peaky Blinder cap, but it just not the same as Tom.

You wouldn't want Tom Shelby to come to dinner. There would be a fight, rapidly followed by a bloodbath. That's what tends to happen.
    Yeah, these guys and their caps....they just don't quite hack it do they? Greg Wallace, he's one I can think of. Then the other night it was Christopher Timothy and Peter Davidson....nope and nope.

Ghost…Spillways

I’m not that way inclined but I guess if I had a man crush Tommy Shelby might float my boat , they sell the flat caps down the coast ( minus the razor blades) but unless you have a time machine you are going to look a little tragic.
    Yesterday was a good day , I’m ok dealing with people throughout the day having a good laugh along the way , it’s back home I worry myself sick , yesterday we had the kids and daughters round for tea , I lit a bonfire and we had burgers outside wrapped up in blankets because it was bloody freezing, my daughters told how they were mentally scarred by my antics bringing them up , my idea of fun wasn’t always conventional, we used to go out at night for a drive in the rain and I’d let them stand up out of the sunroof , they also remember me taking them out at night in a pickup truck and letting them sit in the back while we drove down a country lane ( I’ve chosen to forget that happened for legal reasons ) so we all decided to take the grandkids for drive , three kids in the front one driving , daughters and partner in the back, we decided to do carpool karaoke, all singing along ( shouting actually) to Blur park life , George Ezra shotgun , Barbi girl ( shame on us ) and on the way back Queen Bohemian Rapsody with the compulsory head banging bit as per Wayne’s world , all of us head banging and singing as we drove , for the evening all of the worries were put aside and hopefully we gave the kids some happy memories.
    Today it’s back down to reality with a bump , a sludgy dark day and later on partner is at docs , she’s not better but fingers crossed not worse , she’s has an X-ray booked for tomorrow so fingers crossed on that one too .
    Even on the darkest of days you are still allowed to laugh and as I always say enjoy the little things in life when you get the chance , crazy can be fun .
    Bonjour

Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information