Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Thanks Buster

I don’t have a great deal to say today but I watched a the news and amongst all the doom and gloom bullshit of politicians and lying royal family members try to cover up for paedophiles came a storey to restore your faith in humanity, a clip of a woman in Australia rescuing a koala from a wild fire , dressed in bra and white trousers she ran into the fire wrapped it up in her top and carried it out then cooled its burns with water , what a star , could you see prince Andrew or Trump doing that ? Me thinks not .
    And that’s about all i gotta say about that .
    Oh and while I’m here why the feck is there a sharp stone in my wellies every bleeding day , who is putting it there ? Is it Gods idea of a joke ? I take it out each morning then half way round my dog walk it’s back like a thorn In my side .

Amazing lady Buster

I’m still alive but not doing very well, the odds of a happy Christmas are still stacked heavily against, I’m struggling with making decisions when it comes to family problems , I don’t seem to be able to do right for doing wrong , anyway I heard new term on tv “ sad fishing “ I thought is that me ? Posting your problems on line for some sympathy, but then they also say don’t bottle it up and it’s good to talk , who bloody knows .
    I sometimes look for signs on what to do when decisions fail me ,this lorry pulled up in front of me today and I took it as a sign .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't treat it as an instruction...it may have had the word DON'T on the other side.

Sorry you're still going through the wringer Buster. Never heard of sad fishing before...but asking for advice and help is not fishing for sympathy...not in my book anyway. Why do the decisions have to fall on your shoulders alone? Can't you and your partner both decide together on family stuff? Sorry don't mean to butt in.

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Buster,

Winter a difficult time for people like us and Christmas stuck in the middle of it.
    My motto is don't expect much and if you have some good moments , it's a bonus

Today was a better day than yesterday, given it was Friday 13th I wasn’t expecting a good day but maybe the devil does look after his own .
    My usual Christmas tradition of hanging a bauble on tree in the woods to see if there is any Christmas spirit left has been fruitful this year , I walked past this morning, it was dark and gloomy like my mood so I forgot to even look as I walked past , i then remembered and nipped back and was quite surprised, Christmas spirit is alive and well no matter how much we try to crush it .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh my, I completely forgot it was Friday 13th
    There's no way I would have gone out, but I did!
    Must have been lucky.

Great baubles Buster

That's great that people are adding to your tree in the woods.

There wasn't much Christmas spirit today in the shops. I've never seen such bad tempered faces. I'd much rather have been walking the dogs and smiling at your tree.

Ghost…Spillways

That's the true spirit of Christmas....Nothing fancy, expensive or showy but a simple gesture to cheer people passing by who may be experiencing terrible distress.

Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread Information