Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

Hugs to you too fishman

Thanks guys , I’ve been trying to convince my daughter for while that her symptoms could be anxiety but now we know there is a problem , she’s in her twenties now and very independent but since splitting form her bf and stopping work I know she’s getting lonely, partner seems to be getting worse so darn’t go to sleep she is struggling to breathe and has bad chest pain , it could be a chest infection as she gets them a lot but she can’t go to the docs and an ambulance is just going to take her in which is not a good place to be , they’ve said because she’s had the chest pain and sore throat for a week she needs to isolate for another week and contact them if it gets too bad , we gave me all this crap about not being bothered if she caught it but now I can see she’s terrified.
    We’ve said it before fish that our lives a very similar a constant barrage of endless worries and Pulisa too , that’s not to say Carnation has it any easier losing family members doesn’t make the worry stop it just finds a new focus .
    I saw my grandkids today while walking the dogs and it broke my heart that I couldn’t go up to them , someone cross their fingers for us please .

Four in the morning and I’m sat here terrified going over and over what’s happening, partner definitely has something going on in her lungs she’s in so much pain and short of breath , she hasn’t had an obvious temperature or cough but people’s symptoms differ so much from what I’ve read , the only available option is ambulance but I know they’ll take her in , I seriously don’t want to face today it’s torture.

Hi Buster, I was just reading your posts about your partner. I've been working in a care home (In Ireland we've really been hit hard within care homes). I know how stressful this is, I don't have much to say tbh but I didn't want you posting this alone during the night without any support. I know how scary it is. I'm not sure how testing works in the UK, sorry if you already reply to that detail and I missed it (just got off the night shift) but due to her having health issues isn't she on the top level for being tested x? Also if possible, try to get her to try and do some of those deep breathing exercises. If you Google it, there's a Fab doctor who put it up. We do it with the residents and it really seems to help! https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind...hing-technique. I know some people think it's a load of bull- but during these times it couldn't hurt to try it a little? Maybe it's a bit of mind over matter but I do it myself when I'm feeling run off my feet in work also!

Hi Buster
    Good song It’s 4 in the morning,maybe you should call an ambulance just for peace of mind x.
    I really feel bad for what you go through and everyone else over there it must be bloody awful.
    Sending you some well wishes from Aus.

Hang in there Buster, I've read your whole thread through, we East Midlanders have got to stay together!

Buster, if you haven't already I really do suggest that you call an ambulance. She needs to be assessed sooner rather than later in view of her health issues and in spite of what she says you need to take control of the situation yourself. She is in pain and needs a professional assessment. Go on auto pilot and get her checked..You know you have to x

Thank you for the replies and support, I will try to get her to do the breathing exercises louise I suspect if it’s not Covid it may be pneumonia again as she’s had it so many times when she gets run down , the doc said she can’t test her yesterday and it seems you have to be a key worker or travel a long way for a test , I do similar breathing exercises to help with my asthma to loosen things up in the morning.
    Id say good to see you back Lola but coming back here is the last resort before religion.
    I rather be at the coast as would she than stuck in the midlands , that said if it was wasn’t for this it’s looking very beautiful out there with the blossoming trees lush green grass and blue sky’s .
    Thanks now time to face the day .

Has she actually been seen by a doctor or was it a phone call yesterday?

I agree with Pulisa, I would call for an ambulance if her breathing is deteriorating. They won't necessarily take her in, but best to be on the safe side. x

Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information