Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: As good as it gets .

Re: As good as it gets .

I don't think you should make your own judgement call on this one, Buster, no matter how afraid you are. Even if it's "just" pneumonia she is obviously pretty ill.

Hi , she only spoke to her doctor on the phone , it’s not really possible to get to see your doctors right now , we’ve been down this route many times , she once had pneumonia at the same time as my mates wife , she refused to go into hospital instead having treatment at home , his pregnant wife got mrsa in hospital and never came home , after that I always said it was her call , she says if it gets too bad she will call them but right now she’s managing, I’ve been to pick up her prescriptions today and asked the pharmacists advice , because she doesn’t have a temperature it’s less likely to be Covid but it still remains to stay in isolation, i mentioned I have asthma and what precautions to take and his face dropped saying I’m at much higher risk than her so I need to be extra careful, we have been very close if you know what I mean in the last two weeks so if I’m getting it then it’s probably already on the cards .
    Just for an extra worry when I didn’t think I could fit anymore in my daughter who had the bad news yesterday went out on her bike today and fell off , I had to fetch her and she’s now in hospital being stitched up , she landed badly on her crotch so painful embarrassing and now dangerous being in the hospital, you really couldn’t make it up , I’m going to pick her up soon taking precautions, as she put it “ it’s been a shit year “ .
    I feel mentally and physically drained like I have nothing left to give but no doubt something else will test me , maybe we are jinxed as a family , any good fortune is followed by bad and now I just expect it.
    I will let you know how things go assuming I’m still around myself .

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hugs to you too fishman
    Thank you Carnation and back at ya

Buster I have to agree once again with Carnation and Pulisa, I think you need a doctor's opinion on this. Of course its up to her and yourself. I sincerely hope it is the 'regular' pneumonia that she's had before. When I say that I mean rather than COVID of course, I don't go around wishing pneumonia on people. Needless to say, you are in my thoughts.

You are meant to be self-isolating now, Buster....Not going to hospital to collect your daughter. Please be careful. Your daughter chose to go out on her bike despite her eyesight problems. You need to stay at home now.

Her social worker has rang her twice so I’d like to think if the doc and her have spoken to her they would be sending an ambulance if they thought it was necessary, she is resting and I am keeping an eye on her , things are so different now usually it would be an X-ray at her docs and antibiotics, I’m hoping they might start her on a course, just taking it a day at a time , what a choice Fish standard pneumonia or Covid ? Is there a third option ?
    Pulisa one of us does still have to go out and I am being as carful as possible, I didn’t go into the hospital and anyone showing Covid symptoms has to go to a separate section , she’s been kept in over night because the pain will be too bad when the anesthetic wears off , couldn’t just leave her where she was bleeding .
    I’ll be honest this is not the year I was hoping for but there are people worse off .

As Pulisa says, you need to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    what a choice Fish standard pneumonia or Covid ? Is there a third option ?
    I understand your quandary Buster, its a very difficult and unprecedented situation. I'd say the 'standard' pneumonia is the preferred option, better the devil you know? The way things have threatened to play out with your partner are haunting me too what with Mrs F's numerous health problems. But then we could say the same about many other families throughout the world. We just have to get through it the best we can.

How are things Buster? Hope you and family are ok.

Hi , I’ll touch wood while I write this partner seems a fair bit better today , still in pain but less short of breath , me doing the housework drives her nuts but either I’m getting better at Hoovering or she was just too ill to rehoover, I hope people don’t think bad of me for going out etc but I overthink every situation before hand , I was probably a lot more prepared for this than most , I made loads of hand sanitiser weeks ago ( 70% alcohol) I filled my van and a barrel so I haven’t been for fuel in a month , I have disinfectant at the door and in my van , I have disposable gloves in my van , I don’t go to crowded places to walk the dogs , since my partner has been unwell I’ve taken her temp and I also have a oximeter to check her oxygen levels ( bought that when I gave a shite about my own health ) , she has to self isolate for a few more days to cover the 14 days since she first had symptoms.
    My daughter stayed in overnight as she had to have stitches and strong pain killers her blood pressure was also low , she said the ward was empty, when I picked her up I put a mask and gloves in the back seat for her and she sat in the back , both windows open for good ventilation, we nearly lost her before and there is no way I’d leave her to get a taxi home especially after the news she had the day before , not to mention she’d have to walk like John Wayne to the taxi .
    I know I go into a tailspin when things go out of my control but after the initial panic I tend to just get on with it , I was a shaking wreck inside the other day but after a few hours sleep I managed to get myself together .
    I feel a bit embarrassed that when these things happen I end up here , i do appreciate it , thank you .
    How are you lot doing ? Especially those of you who also have family depending on you to keep your sanity , I get sick of the word unprecedented but we really don’t know what the hell is the right thing to be doing everything has changed overnight.
    Look after yourselves .

I hate that word "unprecedented" too..Such a buzzword now.

Glad that things are a little more settled now and that you are able to "just get on with it"..There's no other choice, is there? Doesn't make it any easier though and the toll it takes is significant but someone's got to keep things going. If you can get some sleep I think it does help you keep things relatively together and at least gives your brain a rest.

You're doing all you can to look after your partner-she's lucky to have you but don't wear yourself out and make yourself more vulnerable to illness?

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information