Thread: did anyone get ear ringing on this?

did anyone get ear ringing on this?

Hi,

I am 5 weeks in and was doing well for the first few weeks, however the last 2 have been awful, my head feels like it's going to explode, my ears are ringing, I have earache, this is all making my anxiety a lot worse. Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Re: did anyone get ear ringing on this?

I'm dealing with this right now and it's only my first day. If It continues I think I'm going to stop taking it

Quote Originally Posted by LJL View Post
    Hi,

I am 5 weeks in and was doing well for the first few weeks, however the last 2 have been awful, my head feels like it's going to explode, my ears are ringing, I have earache, this is all making my anxiety a lot worse. Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks
    I have ear ringing, try to be mindful if youre clenching your jaw, i believe thats what is causing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aundremyles View Post
    I have ear ringing, try to be mindful if youre clenching your jaw, i believe thats what is causing mine.
    It could also be the fluoxetine directly. The list of medications which can trigger tinnitus is as long as an arm, everything from aspirin to zit treatments, including most ADs. The list of medications which can diminish it is just as long and has many of the same meds. The problem seems not to so be much the medications, but that any change in some parts of the brain can set it off.

The slightly better news is that med induced tinnitus is often temporary lasting no more than a week or two, though as with everything AD related there are no guarantees. The only thing predictable about ADs is their unpredictability.

Thread Information