Hi all,

First post here. I’ve been diagnosed with GAD, had it for over 10 years now and haven’t worked or anything really since apart from for a few months. I finally felt as if I was overcoming the worst of that but a new thing has popped up which I’m finding harder than ever.

For about the last 3 years I’ve had this really strange feeling. Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense and I’m rambling but the best way I can describe it is like when you come home from holiday (vacation) and your house feels strange and unfamiliar for a few days until you settle back into your old routine. It’s also like the homesickness I used to feel when I went for sleepovers when I was a kid and although you could be watching the same tv show or whatever that you normally do, it doesn’t feel quite the same because you’re in an unfamiliar place with people who aren’t your family.

I’ve been feeling like that for 90% of the time lately. Everything is exactly the same, I’m still living in the same house and doing the same things but I just don’t feel the same anymore and it’s really freaking me out. Even things that are normally comforting to me feel slightly off now. Is this dp/dr? Depression? Has anybody else had anything like this? I just want to feel normal/ like me again. Thanks for reading this!