Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bat or Not a Bat?

Re: Bat or Not a Bat?

I love bats,I have even been called one.There are a lot of them hanging around the mango trees.The only thing I don’t like is they stink.

I normally kill a thread off,so this might stop it in its tracks.

Unhappy Bat Bite or Cat Poke?

Hello!

I’ll start by saying I have serious bat-phobia and have irrationally feared the ninja bats for a while now. This is another ninja bat scenario, and I just need someone to talk some sense into me, if possible...

Basically, today after I showered I noticed 2 scabbed pinpricks (about 1cm apart) on my stomach. I put rubbing alcohol on them, but they didn’t sting, so I don’t believe they were fresh.

I’m worried a bat got me in my sleep last night. Thing is, I stay up all night in the house (I sleep around 6am and sunrise is at 8am) and never saw a bat. I also have 4 cats, and none of them seemed to be acting any differently. (I would assume if there was a bat or a mouse in the house, my cats would be all over it.)

So, 2 days ago, when I was sitting on the couch, a cat jumped up to lay on my stomach. I remember him kneading me (I’m sure anyone with cats knows what I’m talking about... he was basically digging his claws into me) and feeling him poke my skin, where my shirt had ridden up and skin was exposed. I quickly pulled the shirt down and forgot about it. I didn’t think it drew blood, but I never looked.

Is it possible for these to pinpricks to be from my cat?

Thanks!!

Re: Bat Bite or Cat Poke?

Of course they're from your cat, you felt them happen.

Think about it AGAIN.

You have a reason for this so why does a bat even have to come into it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You had a similar fear, only based around the shower and cats and bats on your last thread - honestly I think you should re-read those posts. On that thread people replied in logical ways and that way of rationalising is the right way to respond to these situations - you need to apply some logical/rational thought to this situation too. Make a mental list: Evidence it could be a bat? Evidence it could not be a bat?

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search...archid=6752625

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Please could you reply to the PM which I have sent you this evening?
    I still don't have a reply from you, I will send it to you again

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hey, everyone!

I’m trying really hard to get over this bat/rabies phobia (especially since it’s the middle of winter and I can’t imagine any bats are out right now). I’ve been told by therapists that my anxiety “manifests” as bats, so when I get anxious about anything, I’ll start worrying about bat bites. Less than a week ago, my husband and I moved to a new apartment in the Chicago area—my first time living so far from my family, who I’ve always been within 30 minutes of. Also, I got some kind of stomach bug last night and spent the better part of the night puking, and today sleeping off a fever. Since I didn’t want to have to keep opening and closing the bedroom door last night and tonight, I slept on the couch (which let me run to the bathroom easier without waking my husband).

Unfortunately, today I spotted two “fang marks” (they looked bloody, but weren’t) on my inner thigh. I didn’t see them last night, but I slept from 5pm-9pm today in the dark. I put hand sanitizer on it to see it it was an open wound and, lo and behold, it burned. I didn’t see a bat in the apartment (which is rather small, to be honest) and neither did my husband... But I can’t get over the worry that this is somehow a bite! I did check around the apartment, just to be safe, but there aren’t many places for a bat to hide, and we put mesh over the exhaust fan in the bathroom the other day, so nothing’s coming through there. (We put the mesh because a friend of ours had bats come into her bathroom through the exhaust fan...)

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    Any advice?
    Meds and real life professional help. Respectfully, as has been reiterated by many already, what you've written throughout this thread is not based on facts and reality

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information