Thread: I successfully minimalized my Health Anxiety

I successfully minimalized my Health Anxiety

Hi everybody. I have not posted anything here in months. Some of you may remember me for being the person who’d obsessively have to post threads about my health concerns from rabies to brain eating amoebas.

I am posting this because if I made my anxiety almost non existent - you can and will too.

I spent the summer working as a beach lifeguard. The lifeguard stands were rusty (TETANUS!!!) and apparently lake water could have BRAIN EATING AMOEBAS? For a little while I kept having to sanitize myself in whatever crazy way but I kept exposing myself to things I was worried about. Eventually my mind realized that this was not normal. So for me (myself) I guess the way I made myself stronger was to face my fears. Clearly if I contracted something I’d be dead. But I’m not dead because my fears were extremely irrational.

There is no point spending your days worrying obsessively. A 16 year old died at my beach this summer. Some of us go earlier (God forbid) and some of us go later. Either way, life is not made for worrying because at the end of the day you always want to say you lived life to the fullest.

Now I do have OCD and Depression still. I know I will tackle these two because I tackled anxiety which was my worst mental health disorder without medication. I don’t know if I will be back to check for notifications, but I would like to thank you all for helping me out and easing my mind whenever I was going beserk! Thank you for helping me overcome my anxiety.

This quote that I saw someone post/automatically have in each reply was extremely helpful in my journey. “Do not fear death, but rather the unlived life. You don't have to live forever. You just have to live.“

Thank you. I can’t say that enough.

Re: I successfully minimalized my Health Anxiety

Really glad to hear you're doing well

An uplifting, positive post. Best of luck.

You've come a long way. I wish more would follow you lead. Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information