Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5mg Valium effect

5mg Valium effect

Hi all!

Found this forum on Google while browsing for info on diazepam.

I took my first pill tonight, 5mg, as my anxiety has gotten crazy.

I felt great after about 30 mins, very relaxed and happy, but after about another hour it had almost completely worn off and I was back to being anxious. Is this usually the case?! I was expecting abit more as I was told it would help me sleep!

Cheers!

Al

Re: 5mg Valium effect

I take 5mg twice daily and it seems to get me through without any noticeable dropping off.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Diazepam is great for anxiety, but i'm the same as you as in it soon drops off.

You're lucky your GP gave you some as they don't like to prescribe it over here.

Out of interest how much/many did your GP prescribe?

Matt

My doc prescribes me diazepam I get 28 x 2mg now I was on 5mg but I lowered it .
    when needed. I went through a really bad
    Time with anxiety which turned into depression again.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post

You're lucky your GP gave you some as they don't like to prescribe it over here.

My Dr gives me 100 x 5mg tabs with 3 repeats bit it's also as a muscle relaxant for my back pain.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

My gp gives 42-2mg when I need them,i only really use them for severe panic attacks which don't happen very often because I'm on disability and don't need to do things that cause me panic attacks very often so they last me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post

Hi Matt,

My GP prescribed me 10 5mg tablets.

The idea is just to use them until my fluoxetine kicks back in as I recently came off it on the advice of my GP as my anxiety had subsided. I relapsed badly after about 8 weeks off of it. I’ve been back on the fluoxetine for 10 days now so hoping it’ll kick back in within the next couple of weeks.

Once the Valium wears off at the moment after about 60-90 mins my heart starts racing again which I’m hoping is not a side effect!

Thanks for the replies.

Al

I only have a couple of strips every five years...yeah I know, I'm really hard core lol....they are for emergencies only.

I get about 4 hours out of a pill but we are all different I suppose in the way our bodies process stuff.

I have been on benzos for nearly 30 years. Pray you never become tolerant to this drug. The withdrawal is worse than heroin. I spent 8 years on xanax, 11 years on klonopin, and the last 12 years on valium and now the drugs do not really work anymore for me. In hindsight, I wish I had never laid eyes on these drugs. Try to take no more than 2 weeks straight or PRN. I am telling you, trying to withdraw from these drugs is almost impossible even doing an ultra slow taper, often over several years for many ppl. Good luck but be very careful!

jesus yeah never gonna use these drugs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information