Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5mg Valium effect

Re: 5mg Valium effect

My doc gives me 2mg but I use 5mg for when my for anxiety is really bad my doctor knows that I do this last month I took 3 5mg a day for 6 days because my anxiety was really bad and it didn't make me sleep any more than usual,but at the moment I have been on 3 a day for 10(my doctor also knows about this)days for a muscle spasm in my back and all
    I have did is just about nothing but sleep for a week,I can't get out of my bed right now but it's working for my back so I'm going to stick with it.
    Last edited by Sandra1980; 03-08-19 at 23:23.

Everyone reacts differently to medication. Diazepam is a long acting benzo.

Sometimes people experience a "paradoxical reaction", where they'll have increased anxiety etc from taking a benzo.

There are other anxiolytics out there so if you feel the diazepam isn't of much help, see your GP

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by Chronic911 View Post
    I have been on benzos for nearly 30 years. Pray you never become tolerant to this drug. The withdrawal is worse than heroin. I spent 8 years on xanax, 11 years on klonopin, and the last 12 years on valium and now the drugs do not really work anymore for me. In hindsight, I wish I had never laid eyes on these drugs. Try to take no more than 2 weeks straight or PRN. I am telling you, trying to withdraw from these drugs is almost impossible even doing an ultra slow taper, often over several years for many ppl. Good luck but be very careful!
    I thought I was on my own with long term benzo addiction. I've been on diazepam since March 1992. It started on 2mg a day then crept up to 10mg. That's what its been for about 24 years now. I've been tempted to take bigger doses for special occasions but the GP would question why I was putting my repeat script in earlier.

I take 3x5mg a day I don’t feel that they stop after a while but it’s no where near enough to get me out to do what I want to do I’m agoraphobic I can goto close places with someone but not out of my town and it’s not a big place....used to be on 60mg but they won’t give me that now

You're on slightly more than me then beautifulfreak and I'm sorry you struggle too. 60mg is quite a dose I must say. I used to occasionally take 30mg for tough situations, either that or alcohol. I'm agoraphobic too at times, more so if it's somewhere I HAVE to go. Can I also say you are not a freak, not at all

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You're on slightly more than me then beautifulfreak and I'm sorry you struggle too. 60mg is quite a dose I must say. I used to occasionally take 30mg for tough situations, either that or alcohol. I'm agoraphobic too at times, more so if it's somewhere I HAVE to go. Can I also say you are not a freak, not at all
    Yes 60mg was quite a few years ago before when they dished them out a lot easier than now. Now it’s hard to get them but I always argue with my psychiatrist if it works what’s the problem. It has helped me to go out locally and sometimes if I’m just home il only take 5mg so I can save some back for maybe a bigger journey or a more stressful situation...aww thanks for saying I’m not a freak, I am a little haha but it’s a song by the eels and someone one day said it was me, so it was a bit silly though as people probably think I’m bigheaded and think I think I’m pretty and I don’t, it’s fine not fishing for compliments just a case of no didn’t really think the name through properly

Well I didn't want to say anything in case you thought it was inappropriate and I didn't think you were fishing for compliments. However I'd best not say anything else in case it's misinterpreted if you follow. Don't want to get booted off the site

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I thought I was on my own with long term benzo addiction. I've been on diazepam since March 1992. It started on 2mg a day then crept up to 10mg. That's what its been for about 24 years now.
    Are you on any other medication for GAD?

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulfreak77 View Post
    I take 3x5mg a day I don’t feel that they stop after a while but it’s no where near enough to get me out to do what I want to do I’m agoraphobic I can goto close places with someone but not out of my town and it’s not a big place....used to be on 60mg but they won’t give me that now
    This is were the exposure part of cognitive behavioural therapies could make a significant difference. Is CBT/REBT therapy an option where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Are you on any other medication for GAD?
    I take venlafaxine and mirtazapine, also propranolol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information