Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5mg Valium effect

Re: 5mg Valium effect

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I take venlafaxine and mirtazapine, also propranolol.
    You might get more out of the venlafaxine if you can slowly cut back on the diazepam as there is good *evidence benzodiazepines block hippocampal neurogenesis, the mechanism by which ADs produce the therapeutic response.

* Boldrini M, 2014; Nochi R, 2013; Sun Y, 2013; Song J, 2012; Wu X, 2009; Stefovska VG, 2008).

Oh right, though the depression is much less evident these days so something must be working. Anxiety still does what it wants though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well I didn't want to say anything in case you thought it was inappropriate and I didn't think you were fishing for compliments. However I'd best not say anything else in case it's misinterpreted if you follow. Don't want to get booted off the site
    No it’s all okay, you can say what you like to me, well you know within the rules lol of this place, it’s coming out wrong but I hope you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    This is were the exposure part of cognitive behavioural therapies could make a significant difference. Is CBT/REBT therapy an option where you live?
    Yes i have done cbt twice it didnt help for years then oneday it kind of clicked as I couldn’t even go out locally then so I started just doing short walks with my children/dog then bit longer,then going to local shops and gradually I’ve got round to going around the whole town and in shops and buildings that I couldn’t before, I can’t drive, and I can’t go on trains I went on a bus last year with my daughter it wasn’t easy but it’s the keeping at it,I just feel to low and depressed to think of going out,I’m the one if you don’t recognise me that was talking to you about mianserin... maybe when I’m not so low il try again.

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulfreak77 View Post
    i have done cbt twice it didnt help for years then oneday it kind of clicked as I couldn’t even go out locally then so I started just doing short walks with my children/dog then bit longer,then going to local shops and gradually I’ve got round to going around the whole town and in shops and buildings that I couldn’t before, I can’t drive, and I can’t go on trains I went on a bus last year with my daughter it wasn’t easy but it’s the keeping at it
    Well done!! Yes, it is important to keeping working on it to remain on top of agoraphobia and anxiety generally. Unfortunately, knock out blows are uncommon, it's mostly a matter of putting on the gloves anew each morning and staying in the anti anxiety fight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information