Thread: Mirtzapine good stories

Mirtzapine good stories

Hello, i'm suffering again from Generalised Anxiety Disorder after 16 years remission where Sertraline worked like a dream. My 200mg Sertraline pooped out and GP has recommended Mirtzapine as a combination as opposed to going higher on Sertraline.

Would like to hear some positive inspirational stories on Mirtzapine and combinations and how long it took people to get better. I've been on Mirtzapine for around 3 weeks and recently increased to 30mg as was getting sleep but after initially feeling better the anxiety is back again.

Wondering how long to hang on before upping to 45mg?

Thanks so much for reaching out in advance

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Anyone? Thanks

Re: Mirtzapine good stories

My mum is doing well on Mirt - she has been on it about 6 months or so now.

I think maybe the initial feeling better could have been, in part, from getting better sleep, rather than the meds themselves. Some people do seem to report a very quick improvement from Mirt, but most seem to take the normal 6 weeks or so that most anti-depressants need. I would not rush to go up with the dose - particularly as you may find that a higher dose means you get worse sleep. I am not sure from your post if the sleep got worse at 30mg, or if you went up to 30mg because sleep was ok at 15mg but nothing was being done to help the anxiety. If the former, it is pretty common that lower doses of Mirt are better for sleep (I sleep better on 3.75mg than I did on 15 or 30, for example), as higher doses have more of an effect on adrenaline levels (which is great if you are depressed, but not so great for anxiety).

My advice would be to try and stay where you are for at least another couple of weeks - if for no other reason than to give your body time to stabilize. You have started a new med, and doubled the dose of it, in a pretty short time period, so you need to give your body time to catch up.

Good luck!

Re: Mirtzapine good stories

Thanks. Sleep improved on 15mg and still ok on 30mg but anxiety not shifting and last time i responded much quicker on Sertraline but eventually pooped out. Just have to hang in there i suppose....

Thread Information