Thread: Penile Cancer Fear

Penile Cancer Fear

So I came across an article about some guy who got penile cancer, so I looked up things like symptoms, risk factors and one of them is poor hygeine. Apparantly you're supposed to roll back the foreskin and clean it each time you wash. I'm 17 and I have never pulled mine back at all let alone wash it properly. This is because the thought of doing it and exposing or accidently touching "it" naked makes me want to heave. I couldn't think of many things more disgusting.

Now I fear for I'll get penile cancer at some point in the future. It happens to 1 in 493 men according to cancer research, but it has to happen to someone.
    Last edited by JAD71; 29-11-18 at 00:52.

Re: Penile Cancer Fear

Joe... With respect, I know you're getting CBT, but I think it's imperative you show your therapist your participation on the forum. Your Googling and reassurance seeking is seriously out of control!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Penile Cancer Fear

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Thread Information