Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I feel dirty (sexual)

Re: I feel dirty (sexual)

Good stuff above from Terry.

Sorry i wasn’t clear. Self sabotage what does that mean terry i think i can sort of understand what you mean. It’s correct i do worry about what other people think and as for the alcohol i do tend to have bad anxiety because of my actions. I have been saying to myself to cut the exstreme drinking whilst out socially. I maybe do that for self confidence.

The best example of self-sabotage is a HA sufferer Googling symptoms when they know damn well they shouldn't as it only makes things worse.

You worry about what others think and what you may do or say while drinking yet do it anyway. Your reason about self confidence is no different that the HAer Googling for reassurance.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Think best way is cut down the extreme drinking when out. And to try and just laugh things away. Rather than stew over and over. Will be hard but go to try it at leases

Quote Originally Posted by Homer47 View Post
    Sorry i wasn’t clear. Self sabotage what does that mean terry i think i can sort of understand what you mean. It’s correct i do worry about what other people think and as for the alcohol i do tend to have bad anxiety because of my actions. I have been saying to myself to cut the exstreme drinking whilst out socially. I maybe do that for self confidence.
    Whether it's about self esteem and not feeling good enough for a partner leading to actions that attempt to make something occur that may create a reaction that feeds that negative thought process e.g. risk a relationship through creating a reason to encourage a partner to consider ending it.

That's one way to consider it. Another is simply trying to punish yourself by bringing on the later depression of failing in some way.

It does seem i did bring it on subconsciously. Almost like i was wanting to punish myself by creating a new worry. Which it did.

The amount of people i have told regarding my behaviour whilst drunk at my uncle and aunts house. It’s a lot. I can tell i,m doing for there reaction or confessing, and then observing my feelings. I suppose that’s my compulsion regarding this worry. Just thought i,d share this. Thanks

You're a man. That's that. To put it bluntly it's in our blood to want to **** everythings that moves. The only thing that seperates us from savages is that we control these urges.
    Im a happily married man. And i to think about having sex with other people yet i dont act on it. And that doesnt mean im a sexual deviant.
    Youre just stressed. You need to get laid or get yourself a girl asap. Its just all that sexual tension.

Hi again i did repost this in ocd. But i can tell i am panicking more than obsessing even though it hasn’t left my mind since Monday. Come from a trigger on tv regarding an uncle that molested and killed his niece, then boom the thoughts came in that i wanted to ( shag ) my auntie.. that feels horrible writing that. I keep ruminating over and over if how i was thinking that night trying visualise my actions and thoughts. And keeps making me feel really depressed and dirty, twice i have been back up in Scotland twice not stayed at there house last time 2 wks she did say. Why you no staying at mine. We always feel welcome up there. To be honest i wasn’t feeling like this these past 2 times not at all maybe a bit guilty but not that bad. Not like now thinking that i keep thinking i did want something to happen and thinking that i walked out in boxers so she can see my bulge. And i feel like it’s incest. All these thoughts and trying to go over and over my thinking. Even though nothing happened. Would i have done something if she wanted. Was i trying to see if she did. Sorry about this but as you can tell it’s really bothering me.

I even googled what’s incest, my auntie not blood. But still feel like a dirty so and so for even thinking about it or maybe wanting something to happen. When in a drunken stupor. Like i said i have been up twice in the last yr with no problems just me in my mind a little guilty. I really need reassurance as you can see. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information