Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long for Mirtzipane vs Anxiety

How long for Mirtzipane vs Anxiety

How long did it take for Mirtzapine to work for people for anxiety when successful? Been on 15mg 2 weeks and then 30mg 1 week so 3 weeks in total. Wondering how long til my anxiety levels improve

Re: How long for Mirtzipane vs Anxiety

Hello, please can someone respond. Feel so alone and scared.

Hi Jonny,

I have commented on other postings you have made elsewhere on this site, so wont repeat myself. But as will all meds, you need to give them some time to work. Many people find that 30mg or 45mg are best for them, but others find 7.5mg or 15mg work well, and that higher doses are too activating. 3 weeks is not long when it comes to medication, and 1 week on 30mg is not really long enough to see if it works. However, if you have found going up to 30mg makes your anxiety worse (as I did), then it may be better for you to go back down to 15mg and see how that goes.

Do you have anything else to help with this settling time? Benzos or anything like that? I know it is hard but try not to fixate on, and worry about, whether or not the meds are working and how long they will take. Just try and keep busy and distract yourself.

Other than that, there is not much help anyone can give - everyone responds differently to meds, so it is impossible to predict how and if it will work for you,

Good luck though, and take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousjomo View Post
    Hi Jonny,

I have commented on other postings you have made elsewhere on this site, so wont repeat myself. But as will all meds, you need to give them some time to work. Many people find that 30mg or 45mg are best for them, but others find 7.5mg or 15mg work well, and that higher doses are too activating. 3 weeks is not long when it comes to medication, and 1 week on 30mg is not really long enough to see if it works. However, if you have found going up to 30mg makes your anxiety worse (as I did), then it may be better for you to go back down to 15mg and see how that goes.

Do you have anything else to help with this settling time? Benzos or anything like that? I know it is hard but try not to fixate on, and worry about, whether or not the meds are working and how long they will take. Just try and keep busy and distract yourself.

Other than that, there is not much help anyone can give - everyone responds differently to meds, so it is impossible to predict how and if it will work for you,

Good luck though, and take care of yourself.
    Thanks very much. I know i'm being impatient. Just finding it so hard to distract myself and think of other things. I've been given Lorazepam for emergency use only but would rather try and ride it out...

It is so hard to have to wait for these things to have an effect, and to see if they work, particularly because we have usually started taking medication because things were already unbearable.

Just try and take each day at a time, try not to worry about how you will feel tomorrow, or how you felt yesterday. Try and keep as busy and productive as you can, to help make the time pass and keep your mind off things.

Sending you luck, strength and best wishes.

Thanks. GP has upped my Mirtazipane dose to 45mg now so hoping that this makes the improvement. Best Christmas present ever would be to feel well again. Merry Christmas to all of you

Hello, following increase to 45mg I felt normal for the first time in 3 months since i relapsed when Sertraline popped out. I’ve now had 2 good days in a row. Not counting my chickens as early days but definitely positive. It feels like the sun is shining in my word again. I was coming home from work on the train this evening and I literally wanted to hug someone and tell them my torment was ending.....fingers crossed I keep improving. Best wishes and recovery to all sufferers X

Now 7 days anxiety free. So glad I stuck with the Mirtazipane. Merry Christmas to all and I wish everyone a happy 2019 with a full recovery from your ailments X

Anxiety has come back for last 2 days. Not awful but enough for it to distort my thinking and stop me being my normal self. Hoping it’s just a blip and have been doing the SilverCloud CBT online modules. Will just need to ride this out on the 45mg that initially make me feel good for over a week.

Feeling very down and anxious as I was feeling completely better on the 45mg dose. After 6 days of bliss, breakthrough anxiety has come through and I’m now in a sensitised state for most of the day. I tried to drift through it and ignore yesterday but succumbed to taking a Lorazepam this afternoon to get me through the day. Back to work tomorrow and really hoping this is an extended blip and I will start to feel better again. No where else to go dosage wise as I’m on 45mg Mirtzipane before bedtime and 200mg Sertraline in the morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information