Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleting threads, future replies -

Deleting threads, future replies -

...here's a tip (and I bet the person in question probably doesn't even read this!); if the community give you a YEAR AND A HALF of guidance/support and reassurance about your health concern for 64 pages- then deletion of the thread is egocentric, extraordinarily discourteous and it denies everyone a closure on the situation and devalues their input. The result will be that you anger people and nobody will reply in future.
    Last edited by Carys; 30-11-18 at 18:18.

Re: Deleting threads, future replies -

well said, I don`t often post these days for exactly this reason. I`ve lost count the number of times I`ve offered my experiences, tips, encouragement etc only to be ignored or led up the proverbial garden path

I`ve stayed up late into the night supporting someone who was 100% going to kill themselves, they didn`t. absolute head worker, nothing else

try not to let it upset you Carys, you can get pulled into a never ending cycle of trying to help and ending up feeling awful yourself when no one listens

at least it`s friday.

Lovely response brucealmighty, thanks so much for taking the time to type up your thoughts - 'head workers' - yep that covers it. I feel bad for all the 10s of other people on the thread who have taken so much out of their own personal time, to find things out and reassure. USED. DELETED.

Carys, I know I'm a newb but you've already helped me so much. Don't let the jerks get you down, okay? Sending ineffectual internet hugs your way.

I was asked to delete the post and said No and that it would be disrespectful to those who had replied. I have let the poster know about these thoughts here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I know how admin feel about this - don't worry - I know they view it as disrespectful. I was hoping the OP might see and read this, but guess as they never strayed from their own thread, that won't happen (without you letting the person know, which you have). Awww Blue Iris thats so sweet, don't worry, I'm FINnnnneeeee - just standing up for others really. The other thing is (as all posters here know), when new people come on and do searches they find things that help them from past posters, it denies even people reading the suggestions made by everyone in the future.

If i'm thinking of the correct thread/threads/member/person ( i know i am). We had a member go missing recently, this missing member had spent so much time replying and trying to help this member/person.

A thread was started about the missing member and not even a post/reply of concern or anything from the member/person who i think this thread is about.

I don't think this person ever strays away from their own thread/threads and to be blunt it pi##es me off!

I bet many people end up with MH problems because they think/help/care/have manners and generally put others 1st. Sadly not certain people here, it's fine with me if the person or these people acknowledge the replies/help of others, but sometimes NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

Sorry to 'set you off' Matt ! Yep, you are correct, and yes, I know it *)%^*| you off (random use of characters there lol). I think, as there are so many members here who give so much to others, we/you/they have a right to have the odd moan about things like this.

I have no respect for the headworkers at all and we all know who they are. When their bluff is called they disappear.

I find it enraging when their behaviours are excused in the name of anxiety/depression etc etc etc. It is downright manipulative behaviour and should be seen as such. No excuses whatsoever.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    well said, I don`t often post these days for exactly this reason. I`ve lost count the number of times I`ve offered my experiences, tips, encouragement etc only to be ignored or led up the proverbial garden path

I`ve stayed up late into the night supporting someone who was 100% going to kill themselves, they didn`t. absolute head worker, nothing else

try not to let it upset you Carys, you can get pulled into a never ending cycle of trying to help and ending up feeling awful yourself when no one listens

at least it`s friday.
    Hello Bruce! Great post and very true!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I have no respect for the headworkers at all and we all know who they are. When their bluff is called they disappear.
    I find it interesting that when challenged, they suddenly write coherently, get defensive, delete the thread etc. There are several "head workers" on the boards and the patterns are strikingly similar. Some have been here for years. Due to that similarity, I wonder if it's actually a component of their illness?

Anyway... glad it's not just me that sees it.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-11-18 at 22:40.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information