Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleting threads, future replies -

Re: Deleting threads, future replies

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    well said, I don`t often post these days for exactly this reason. I`ve lost count the number of times I`ve offered my experiences, tips, encouragement etc only to be ignored or led up the proverbial garden path

I`ve stayed up late into the night supporting someone who was 100% going to kill themselves, they didn`t. absolute head worker, nothing else

try not to let it upset you Carys, you can get pulled into a never ending cycle of trying to help and ending up feeling awful yourself when no one listens

at least it`s friday.
    I agree with Carys and others about this issue too. Hello again Bruce, good to see you and hope you're doing well? Miss you on the boards matey

Cath x x

Re: Deleting threads, future replies -

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I find it interesting that when challenged, they suddenly write coherently, get defensive, delete the thread etc. There are several "headworkers" on the boards and the patterns are strikingly similar. Some have been here for years. Due to that similarity, I wonder if it's actually a component of their illness?

Anyway... glad it's not just me that sees it.

Positive thoughts
    In my opinion, a lot of it comes down to attention seeking behavior for these types of posters. In the end, it’s not about anxiety or treating their anxiety, or even being given reassurance. It’s a demand for attention. They post and post and post someone tosses them a crumb of acknowledgement, then instead of engaging in a conversation with those who reply, it’s right back to listing symptoms and concerns.

You can usually tell who they are immediately, because they refuse to acknowledge even the slightest about anxiety. They push people to the limits of patience because for them even negative attention is better than no attention.

I’m truly sorry I upset everyone it really wasn’t my intent. I deleted the thread because I felt it was too toxic for myself. I’m still going to update everyone on everything I promise. I realize that coming here for reassurance constantly isn’t helping me one bit. Again I’m really sorry if I made anyone upset. I am in no way seeking attention I just lose myself when I get really anxious and everything. Thank you all for your responses I really do appreciate it.

Thank you Hypo, for taking the time to come to the thread and quite courageously give a response and apology. I genuinely appreciate you doing so, and trying to explain.

However......these types of thread are helpful for people in the future and it is upsetting to have all our words and responses from so long deleted. They aren't just your words on that thread, but lots and lots from other posters. I think you could have just avoided the thread. I will look out for your future update, and wish you the best.

I realize that coming here for reassurance constantly isn’t helping me one bit.

That's good progress !
    Last edited by Carys; 30-11-18 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thank you Hypo, for taking the time to come to the thread and quite courageously give a response and apology. I genuinely appreciate you doing so, and trying to explain, however......these types of thread are helpful for people in the future and it is upsetting to have all our words and responses from so long deleted. They aren't just your words on that thread, but lots and lots from other posters. I think you could have just avoided the thread. I will look out for your future update, and wish you the best.
    I realized after deleting the thread I immediately regretted doing so. Wish I could take it back but I can’t.

Hypo, Sorry i replied to this thread and to be honest i thought it was referring to certain other members.

I don't know what went on with your thread and wanted to wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    That's good progress !
    12 hours and one logical statement does not progress make IMO. It just affirms what I said in my post of a coherent statement when challenged. If you expect anything to change, I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" pay a visit

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    In my opinion, a lot of it comes down to attention seeking behavior for these types of posters. In the end, it’s not about anxiety or treating their anxiety, or even being given reassurance. It’s a demand for attention. They post and post and post someone tosses them a crumb of acknowledgement, then instead of engaging in a conversation with those who reply, it’s right back to listing symptoms and concerns.

You can usually tell who they are immediately, because they refuse to acknowledge even the slightest about anxiety. They push people to the limits of patience because for them even negative attention is better than no attention.
    Agreed. It's a behavior flaw associated with some severely affected.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I realized after deleting the thread I immediately regretted doing so. Wish I could take it back but I can’t.
    I can do that for you justl let me know

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Decent of Hypo to apologise for deleting his thread but he's hardly the only one. Personally, I'm past furiously paddling upstream trying to "help" these members when they are so selective in their replies. But anxiety can make us very empathetic to others suffering in the same way and we naturally want to help. Therefore such selfish behaviour can be a real kick in the teeth when we're struggling ourselves. And for regular members on NMP it's not always as easy as simply avoiding or ignoring certain threads when they are constantly bumped by demanding posters.

Head workers indeed

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    I can do that for you justl let me know
    Ok then yes I would like you to undelete it please. It’s was selfish of me to do so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information